sorry :) - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-12-2001, 11:59 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

sorry :)

alright i know this has been posted a million times but its time to get new tires on my truck its a 98z71 gmc ext cab shortbed with stock rims and stock height and it has worn out 265/75/r16s and everyone on here seems to be able to fit 285/75/r16 tires on theres and the tire place says they wont fit so if everyone that has that tire size on a similar truck please post and tell me how they fit and stuff so that i can prove to tire place and my dad that they will fit cause hes buying and hes lerie of it u know hehe so please please let me know how they fit and if u had to do any mods to get them to fit thanks

one day it will all happen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-12-2001, 01:22 PM
BigBlueZ71

Re: sorry :)

here is my '94 Z71 with 285/75/16's BFG Mud Terrains on STOCK RIMS, with NO LIFT whatsoever! and absolutely no rubbing at all either.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-12-2001, 02:45 PM
Veteran

Here is a pic of my 285 BFG MT's on my Yukon and I am running new 2001 stock rims that are 16"x7" which are the same size as the older rims. I have no rubbing at all and they fit like a dream and most pickups have a bit more height to them than the Yukons/Tahoe's do.

Ryan

93 GMC Yukon
Chevy SuperStock 4x4 Truck Puller
Great Lakes Truck & Tractor Pulling Association
http://www.greatlakespull.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 18-510841-2.jpg (24.5 KB, 0 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-12-2001, 11:52 PM
Mud in my Veins

I don't have any pictures, but there's like 3 GM IFS 4x4 trucks running around on base here with no lift and 285's on the stock rims. None of them have any rubbing or fender/bumper mods to make them fit. Just slap them on and go. There's also a truck running around with 305/70R16's (33x12.4R16's) and he has no problems either. RyanB had some 305's on a prior truck without any problems. He sold them to a buddy who ran them on his GM IFS truck without any problems either.

They will fit.

1992 Blazer Sport, 350, 4L60, Rancho 2"[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img], 285/75R16 AT's, K&N, Flowmaster, MSD[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
Aircraft, Cars, and Me
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-13-2001, 12:04 AM
Veteran

Yep, My '94 had 285's on stock wheels with no problem. I now have 285's on a 16x8 with less backspacing than stock, and had some rubbing before the lift.

The 285's will be fine on stock rims with no lift

JaxZ71
94 Z71 350, Xcab, Sportside, 285/75/16 BFG AT, 16x8 AR Nitro, K&N, MSD coil & wires, Trailmaster 4" lift.
Lousy glasspacks and rusted Westin step bars [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-13-2001, 12:11 PM
72dreamer

a buddy of mine got rid of the stock stuff not too long ago. he has a '97 z71 xcab. he now has ae 587 wheels (15x10!) and 32x11.5x15 mud kings. cranked the t-bars about an inch to level it out. there was no rubbing prior to that but he just wanted it to sit level.
it looks weird though. wide mud tires and it sits low. i don't know.
find yourself another tire shop.

Marriage is like a skin graft, it may or may not take.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-13-2001, 01:17 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

ok thanks for replys now i just gotta try to get tire cheaper hehe i gotta get the goodyear mt/r down from 180 each to like 165 each hehe thanks

one day it will all happen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode