Crap in my seat - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-11-2001, 09:59 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Crap in my seat

For the second time now I have a piece of crap in my seat. Is it the fuel filter that is not catching this stuff ? My fuel filter is the see thru kind but the filter is plastic. I am guessing that i need a better fuel filter. I like the see thru kind so I can see when it is dirty. I was thinking of putting another filter after the see thru one. I have the carb off now, I am going to put in the spring loaded seats since it is off. Any one else have problems with the glass filters ?

"Bubba Tub" 1977 K-10 350,Th350,Np203 D60/14ff 4.56's Detroit Rear. 7" lift, 39.5/16.5 Swamper TSL's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-11-2001, 11:04 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Crap in my seat

I fixed it! I am a seasoned mechanic when it comes to carbs, but I know alot of you guys dont know alot of the technical terms used so I will use simple terms to describe the parts in the carb. So I took all the screws out and removed the needle and seat, under the seat was a little screen thingy like a sock. One of these little screen things fell off at some point allowing crap to get in the seat. Flooding out the carb. So guys and gals if your motor floods out check your socks.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

"Bubba Tub" 1977 K-10 350,Th350,Np203 D60/14ff 4.56's Detroit Rear. 7" lift, 39.5/16.5 Swamper TSL's.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-11-2001, 11:43 PM
Keyboard Implanted

If Im not mistaken the needle and seat are connected to the float in the float bowl wich control the flow of fuel the motor sucks (pumps0 the fuel below the level of the float then it lets more fuel in, KInda the same way the valves work in the swamp coolers,
havent messed much with auto carbs but Ive tuned a few carbs, from crotch rockets to snowmobiles and watercraft , almost forgot to metion the POS harleys.
can you tell Im bored
Evan

16x8 bajas wrapped with 285 TXRs, T-BARS cranked to level, and minor trimming
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-12-2001, 12:31 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I hope the prior post was taken as total sarcasim, I dont dont know jack about carbs. The spring loaded seats are in, and the floats are set to the specs. If this starts and runs I will be amazed. At least this time I was anticipating all the parts to go flyin when I took it apart. I dont think I will get it back on tonight. Bored ? you dont know the meaning pal!![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-12-2001, 01:10 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

So I put it on, Wouldn't ....wouldn't start. Fianlly started..... ran like crap ...put it drive stalled. Then I got mad and punched it. Two big ruts in front yard for like 50 ft but it runs fine now. Guess I had a air bubble. Hmmmmm...not many folks here reply to thier own post.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-12-2001, 07:04 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Morning,
Good to hear you got it going again. Now I think you should turn the water on and make a mud pit in the front yard.
Im not sure what I was thinking with that last reply like I said Im very bored, you ever checked out the site bored.com.
Well I better go
Evan

16x8 bajas wrapped with 285 TXRs, T-BARS cranked to level, and minor trimming
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-12-2001, 07:13 AM
Zooman

Hey Frank is that an Eldebrock carb?
Do you usualy have problems with it?

Zooman

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]<font color=blue>78 Chevy 3/4 in the rough</font color=blue>

post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-12-2001, 09:01 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yes edelbrock performer. Just keep getting crap in the bowls. Happend to my last one too.(carter AFB) Lots of scum looking stuff I cleaned out of there. Also seems to run rich to me but I dont know how to adjust it. I hope the spring loaded seats help it to stay running up steep hills. Kid, I dont know about mud pit, but I might build a RTI ramp. Thanks.

post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-12-2001, 09:03 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

What is a swamp cooler anyways?? Is that one of those Evaporator things that work in Dry climate to keep you cool?

post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-12-2001, 02:51 PM
Can't Get Enough

Yup, that would be a swamp cooler alright. I have one in my place and it works not at all even though it is dry as heck out here.

pics of the V30 which is still for sale or possible trade.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode