350 fuel problem - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2001, 07:42 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

350 fuel problem

I have a chevy 350 on my cj-7 and is almost stock, just added a holley intake and a elderbrock 600cc performer series carburator. now my problem is that sometimes i get fuel coming from the botton of the carburator(and is not the gasket, looks like is coming from where the linkage connects), It doesnt happend all the time. Now the carburator is new. Any ideas????
tks
junior

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2001, 08:03 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 350 fuel problem

Sure it is coming from there? I would carb/choke clean it really good and watch if you can see exactly were it is coming out. Does it leak after radical angles or just flat ground? I would check the fuel line where it comes in to carb. I have pretty much stood my truck on end and other than stalling it never leaked so I dont know what else to tell ya. Good luck with it.

"Bubba Tub" 1977 K-10 350,Th350,Np203 D60/14ff 4.56's Detroit Rear. 7" lift, 39.5/16.5 Swamper TSL's.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-08-2001, 11:28 AM
Enthusiast

Sounds like the "booster" noozels in the venturi are dripping fuel at idle,then it runs over to the edge of the throttle shaft and runs out the side of the shaft bushings as they are not ment to handle liquid fuel .Look down the airhorn with the engine running to see if it is dripping fuel.If it is you will have to find out why.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-08-2001, 05:27 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

porchefixer, tks for answering my post, now I understand what you mean, but this carburator is a replacement unit for the 4bbl rochester that was in before. The reason I replaced the rochester was the same problem I am having with the eldelbrock. So the way I see it, it has to be something else, but cant figure out what?? By the way the engine runs ok, I noticed the problem as I noticed the intake had some fuel all over.
tks
junior

post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2001, 02:03 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

what kind of fuel pump are you using? what's your fuel pressure? If you are using a higher pressure than stock pump the fuel pressure may be too high for the needle and seat in the carburetor, it could be forcing extra fuel to spill over into the carb/manifold. you may need to use a pressure regulator or lower pressure pump.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode