Supercharger - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-06-2001, 10:07 PM
Kendog454

Supercharger

How hard is it and what is required to add on a supercharger like a paxton onto a newer truck, such as a 95 Chevy 350 or something. Will major components need changing, and where would be a good place to buy a supercharger kit?

1985 Scottsdale 3/4 ton
14 Bolt SF, SM465/208, 355 CHEVY
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2001, 12:36 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Supercharger

Hmmm...I think Chevy made a 95, with a 350, but not a "or something". 95 was the last year of TBI motors. Vortech, Paxton, Whipple, Procharger all make blowers for the motor. All the requires changing is the chip, and the plumbing for the blower, and the bracket that bolts on with the alternator. Whipple is my personal favorite, but Vortech now makes a intercooler kit for their blowers, which will greatly reduce any detonation you might have. They're pricey though, about 4k for any of the above. Summit Racing sells them all day, along with Jegs.

Rhino

post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2001, 01:03 AM

I would def. go with the Procharger http://www.procharger.com since it comes with an intercooler and everything needed and great instructions. Also, you can get alot higher power gains because of the intercooler and you don't have to rely on a timing retarder or anything.

Jason
Big Willy Style
http://www.projectbigwilly.com

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2001, 11:31 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

My dad has a whipple on his 98 sierra w/350, those rock!! don't worry about whats required because the kit comes with everything you need including secondary fuel pump, all plumbing, and electronic add-ons. The thing hauls balls. Before my SS I had an IROC, when that IROC was basically stock with flowmaster, that truck would seriously beat me in acceleration hands down. The whipple is definitely the lowest maintainence most reliable of all for these trucks. A very high quality product, high adiabatic efficiency. Its an easy answer for power, but expensive. [censored] for 4k you can do heads and cam and a whole crap load of other stuff.

1977 fullsize pickup,350ci. edelbrock carb, headers, oversize radiator, 4sp SM465/NP-205, 12bolt, 6" lift, 35" tires, cd deck, 2 amps, Bazzookas, 2 gas tanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode