More body lift related questions... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2001, 01:25 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

More body lift related questions...

Two things. One isn't really body lift related, but I didn't feel like making two different topics.

1. Has anybody used PA's rear bumper relocation kit on a Tahoe? The instructions say it fits all fullsize trucks, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to install it. The brakets don't seem to line up with anything. Also, there is a rather obvious problem...the bumper has a channel welded into it, seemingly preventing any bracket from being installed to lift it up. Anybody have experience with this? Or am I just a no-talent ass clown? Please help.

2. I bought some fender flares for my truck, to try and hide my 33x12.50's. I got them, and I can install them without a problem. However, they're flat black, and my truck is gloss black. How should I go about painting these? I'm great with spraycans (have painted three or four trucks flat black with flames before, LOL!), but I'm doubting if spraypaint will last very long on these. What did some of you do?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2001, 08:21 PM
whitetail204

Re: More body lift related questions...

Hey man Ive done both of those things to my truck recently.I used scoth-brite to scuff up my flares theni painted them using paint called Exact- match which I found at Pep-Boys. On the back of the can it tells you which clear coat to use in order to match your paint, wait a week then wet sand with 1200-1500 grit paper.you may want to wet sand before clear coat.(I wish I would have).As for the rear bumper brackets I had a hard time figuring out the instructions Im gonna look at mine tommorow and maybe get some pics for you to look at to help you out.I remember the brackets being a pain because I mis-understood the directions but when I finally figured it out it was easy. Anyway i cant remember what exactly how they went in so Ill get back to ya tomorrow around 5:00 pm Eastern time.

<font color=green> If it's brown..It's goin down!</font color=green>

post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2001, 09:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Cool, thanks for the help, dude. I'm still baffled at the rear bumper brackets, LOL.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2001, 06:00 PM
whitetail204

Hey man sorry it took me so long to get back to ya.I was having trouble getting my computer and camera to communicate.Anyway I had a buddy come over and fix it for me but I accidently erased the pic I had.I WILL get more in the morning and post them for you I hope its not too late. Sorry again let me know if I can still help.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2001, 06:04 PM
whitetail204

Hey man sorry it took me so long to get back to ya.I was having trouble getting my computer and camera to communicate.Anyway I had a buddy come over and fix it for me but I accidently erased the pics I had.I WILL get more in the morning and post them for you I hope its not too late. Sorry again let me know if I can still help.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode