subs? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2001, 11:13 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

subs?

hey i have a box of two twelve inch fosgate xlc subs in a box that i had made when i planned on getting yukon but now i'm gettin ext cab k1500 and i dont wanna take up back seat and i dont think i can figure a custom box out to go under seat so i was wondering does anyone know are those 10" powered bass bazookas anygood? or what other options is there i'd love to put my twelves in there but i just can't figure out how to do it thanks

one day it will all happen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2001, 02:15 PM

Re: subs?

have you checked out big blue's or rick's sub box? they had pics and specs of the box posted here on the board. its fairly recent. if you don't want or think you can build it, have a local sound shop custom build one for you. you can probably get a good deal - anywhere from $80-$150.

i have a cheapo 8" bass tube in my truck that does fairly well. i have to adjust it and stuff on long trips cause after a while it gives me a headache [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

<font color=blue>Shorts</font color=blue>

Your what is stuck? [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-06-2001, 01:19 AM
BigBlueZ71

DONT GET A BAZOOKA TUBE!!!!!! haha i've never actually heard one but from what all my friends have told me, and the guys that designed my system, THEY SUCK. Stick with the two 12's, two 10s would even sound good. I would attach a pic of my box, but i'm in arkansas right now and not on my own computer. look up the recent HUGE post on me and ricks boxes.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-06-2001, 04:17 PM
whitetail204

Here you go Yukon they're awsome looking boxes. Im gonna attempt to build one myself soon with the plans Big Blue and Rick sent me.

<font color=green> If it's brown..It's goin down!</font color=green>

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 18-506027-18-491544-Mvc-001s.jpg (33.9 KB, 1 views)
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2001, 06:13 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yeah Yukon, I'd have to say stay away from the tubes as well. They certainly add bass but nowhere near the quality you can get from a box with subs. I'll try and get the dimensions up for mine here soon after things settle down around here (2 jobs, wife, and friend visiting from Arizona...just trying to keep everyone satisfied!)

- Rick - 98' GMC X-Cab Z-71 33 X 12.50 BFG MT, 2" Body Lift
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2001, 11:20 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

check JL Audio, they make a stealth box that goes under the rear seat, nice and hidden. I know its for at least a 10"

1977 fullsize pickup,350ci. edelbrock carb, headers, oversize radiator, 4sp SM465/NP-205, 12bolt, 6" lift, 35" tires, cd deck, 2 amps, Bazzookas, 2 gas tanks
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2001, 11:37 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

The JL stealthboxes look and sound great from what I hear. The subs are firing down in them so there is no visible speaker. The price is the deterring factor here...they do come with speakers I believe, but we are talking like over $500 bucks or something like that.

- Rick - 98' GMC X-Cab Z-71 33 X 12.50 BFG MT, 2" Body Lift
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode