95 2500 TD - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-04-2001, 01:35 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

95 2500 TD

I'm interested in buying a 95 6.5 Turbo Diesel 2500, but I hear they have costly problems with the injector pumps.
anyone now about this?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-04-2001, 09:52 PM

Re: 95 2500 TD

Man, I am looking for a 95 6.5l TD too. Small world. Anyway, yes they did have problems with the injector pump getting overheated and failing. There is a fix for this however. There is a thing you can buy that relocates the pump's processor to the firewall or somewhere else in the engine bay and it makes it last like 300% longer. I can't find a truck anywhere. I am looking for a crew cab long bed.

Jason
Big Willy Style
http://www.projectbigwilly.com

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2001, 01:02 AM
blt2ski

That item you are refering to is a FSD cooler. The other thing to know, of course if you can find one meeting this spec, is GM has extended the "warranty" on electronic injection pumps for the 6.5 diesel to 10 yrs or 120K miles/ equivalent Kilometers for you Candians. The best years for power build ups are 92-94, as they have mechanical injection pumps. But the later than 98(?) blocks are the strongest and best for buildups. Stay away from 96-97 s these have oil passage problems, will not mention how I figured this out at 103K miles.
I would offer you folks my crew cab, 5spd, 4.10, posi, Banks exhaust etc, but GM is not as of yet building straight axle 4500's until next year sometime.
If you have not aleady, check out http://www.TheDieselPage.com for more info than you can imagine on GM diesels, including an article on the new 4500's and how they look etc. There are even a number of advertisers there that have FSD coolers and instructions on what to do/fix these so they are very powerfull BB guzzler eaters.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2001, 02:30 AM

What? 4500? Solid Axle Front? Hrmm? I am a member of the diesel page and I didnt' see anything mentioned, let me go and see.

UPDATE: I did find the article on TheDieselPage but was dissapointed to find that it wasn't the same body style as teh normal trucks. But, I did get a chance to check out the Bruin at the SEMA show last year and wondered, are they gonna make that in a 4x4 version?

Jason
Big Willy Style

post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2001, 11:13 AM
blt2ski

If you found that article, it is rather vague on if a 6500 or larger will have a 4X option. Personally I do not care if the 4500/5500/6500/7500 series redesign has a slightly different body than the smaller truck. It'll just will make my new rig when I get it unique! Then give me a few years, I'll think about replacing the IHC I have with ???? SHould be fun.
Marty

post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2001, 11:52 AM

Is there anyway to get it non dually? With a normal bed? Or just this:

Jason
Big Willy Style

post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2001, 12:27 PM
blt2ski

Class 4 to 8 trucks, and a few 3's, are sold cab and chassis only. Now as to what kind of bed? The only limit is your imagination and dollars. I have seen class 6 GM's, Frieghtliner's, Ford's, Navistar, all with pickup beds on them. But they were custom added with mucho expense. Basically you wold have to shorten/lengthen the chassis to match the CA (cab to axle) length of a pick up with the bed you wish to put on. There are flatbeds, RV trailer towing beds with mutiple storage compartments, wrecker bodies, the list goes on and on.
If you want a single wheel, you would have to find rims to match the bolt pattern, remove the front extension hub for the dually option, not to mention a number of other things.
Look up The Turtle Expidition on line or thru 4 Wheelers on line web page. They took an F-550 and converted it to a SW multifuction go any where camper. Other than being the brand it is, it's pretty cool. There is a multi picture article on how they did conversion etc.
So anything can be done with one of these, even convert 4x2's into 4x4's. How much money do you have?
Marty

post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2001, 12:32 PM

Well, how about this: We will use your money for right now, you buy one which it looks like you already want to do, and we will do all the conversions and if I like it, maybe then in about 10 years I'll buy one? Sound good? But you have to let me drive it first. Anyway, keep me posted on when these come out and so on.

Jason
Big Willy Style

post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2001, 12:39 PM
blt2ski

Actually you will have to argue with my son, 298GMC over who gets the truck when I'm not using it!
Marty

post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2001, 12:44 PM

DOH! Oh well, my dad wants a Bruin as soon as they come out so I guess I can play with that in a few years. But, if and when you do get one, post pics and what are you going to do to it? What upgrades? Also, if you get a single rim with the same lug pattern for the rear to make it single wheel, won't it be alot narrower and not line up with the body like a normal single wheel would?

Jason
Big Willy Style

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode