Mounds off-road park in Michigan - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-03-2001, 06:23 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Mounds off-road park in Michigan

Anybody been there recently. Me and a couple buddies want to go but we want some more info. I know it costs $7 to get in, but on a website about mounds, it stated that all vechicles built after 1986 must be less than 94 decibels! Do they enforce that and what about vechicles built before 86 they can be loud as hell? I think silver lake is going to be the same way for 2002. Anyways how big is mounds, what kind of terrain, is it a cross country park, is it owned by the state or is it private, and is it worth going there with lifted fullsize trucks. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-03-2001, 07:38 AM

Re: Mounds off-road park in Michigan

my guess is that now it is dry as a bone....we were there about a month ago and it was drying up. it is an OHV park. If your truck is too loud they may not let you in. you also need a USFS approved spark arrestor. It is owned by Genisee county. some of the trails get kind of narrow, so if you like your paint, watch which trails you go down... spring and fall are good times because there is mud, but some of the wholes get really deep... it is about 260 acres...with hills rutted trails, bog holes, sany play area....a little of everything.

Craig

'89 S-10 P/U 4.3L 31" Yoko M/Ts
'99 S-10 2.2L 2WD 5 Speed Stepside Totally Stock [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-03-2001, 08:58 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Do they actually test all the trucks going in? What about the trucks built before 1986? If they actually measure sound I doubt any of our quads will make all have loud 4 stroke pipes. And I doubt are trucks will pass either except maybe mine. Does it get crowded? My buddy has a 78 "race" truck that is loud as hell, would he be able to get in?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-03-2001, 05:08 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

yes they will test you if you sound too loud, i dont know about vehicles built before 86 thing, they check everyone. They use a special testing device as well. You cant run glasspacks or straight pipe, like was said before the mufflers must be spark arresting type. Its alot of fun, tight trails and deep mud when it rains. Most of the wheelin pics on my website are from the Mounds.

-Ryan

post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-04-2001, 10:55 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Where else in Michigan is there to go with trucks, besides Mounds and Silver Lake? Has anyone heard of/or been to St. Helen motorsports park? I saw that in the DNR trail guide and it list it as a cross-country park, like Mounds & silver lake. Not sure if it for trucks though. We live in Bay City and were looking for some spots to wheel? Thanks!

post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-04-2001, 10:58 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

South of gladwin those are the only 2 places, but from there north theres tons of trails. Check out www.bayarea4wheelers.com, they do alot of stuff in your area.

-Ryan

post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-04-2001, 11:03 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I know there are about six unofficial [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] offroading spots within Flint city limits, not counting Elba rd. or the Mounds. Most aren't very challenging though, we were able to get a beater 1984 Honda Accord (although with flat black/flames paint and homemade skidplate) through all of them.

<font color=blue>Nick</font color=blue>
<font color=red>1996 Tahoe LT 4dr 4x4</font color=red>
http://www.caintmakit.com
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-06-2001, 10:08 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I am From Bay City as well, There are some nice trails by Gladwin, and over towards wixom lake. Gladwin Has LOTS of mud when it is wet and usually still has some when it is dry.

Lowriders are for guys who can't get it up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode