Will these fit without rubbing? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-05-2001, 08:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Will these fit without rubbing?

Hey all, I'm new to the board. I've got a '96 Tahoe LT 4dr 4x4. I wanted to lift it cheaply, and fit 33's under it. After talking with a bunch of people, and looking at similar GM trucks, I decided on a 3" PA body lift and some add-a-leafs to help the sagging rear. I may end up cranking the torsion bars a bit too.

My question is this: will 33x12.5/15 BFG A/T's on 15x10 Eagle 589 rims (3 5/8 backspacing) fit under my truck with little or no rubbing, once the body lift is put on? Will I have to grind on my front calipers any to fit this rim? I'm sure some of you are running a combo similar to this, any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Nick

www.caintmakit.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-05-2001, 11:34 PM
Mud in my Veins

Re: Will these fit without rubbing?

If you run those 15x10's you will get rubbing. Get some 15x8's with the same or closer to 4.5" backspacing, and you should be fine.

15" rims fit fine on your truck.

1992 Blazer Sport, 350, 4L60, Rancho 2" lift, 285/75R16 AT's, K&N, Flowmaster, MSD stuff[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-06-2001, 12:47 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

yes they fit fine and no you wont have to grind. mine are on 15x10s

Mike ~
* Earnhardt Forever *

89 Chevy K1500 - 350TBI/700R4/NP241 - 3" lift - 33's - other goodies, but not enough! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-06-2001, 10:15 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Mike- your truck looks badass. You have any problems with tires rubbing on the front bumper?

Nick

www.caintmakit.com
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-06-2001, 12:46 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

thanks. no i have never had anything rub on it before. i trimmed the plastic air dam under the front bumper but didnt have to touch the actual bumper. also, my truck sits perfectly level - 24" from middle of hub to wheelwell lip all the way around. i have never touched the tbars and suprisingly, i guess they havent sagged at all in its almost 13 years cause they still have about half the thread on the bolts. if i need to crank a little i could though

Mike ~
* Earnhardt Forever *

89 Chevy K1500 - 350TBI/700R4/NP241 - 3" lift - 33's - other goodies, but not enough! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-06-2001, 01:01 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Cool...thanks for measuring it. I ran out with a yardstick and measured mine, and just as I suspected, it's low in the rear. 19.5" in back, 20.5" front. Once I put the body lift and helper springs on it, it should be right around where yours is. The torsion bars aren't cranked either, so I have some room to level it out if the front sits too low after the leafs go in.

I'm not worried about the air dam, mainly cuz I ripped it completely off at the (Michigan) Silver Lake sand dunes last month. It was pretty funny, there were a bunch of mostly stock GM trucks out there, and I counted about 15 front air dams lying at the bases of dunes, LOL

Later-
Nick
www.caintmakit.com
post #7 of (permalink) Old 07-06-2001, 03:34 PM
whitetail204

My 15x10's and 33x12.50's dont rub either but the tires do come pretty close to corner of the bumper in turns.If you were to do serious wheelin you might get an un-intentional air-down(I always thought that was a cool way to say flat tire). Anyway thats my 2 cents. Good luck with the lift.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 07-06-2001, 04:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

That's probably better for me if it's a possibility of rubbing in harder stuff, because I'm kinda predisposed to beating the crap out of vehicles. It may tone me down a notch. (I.E., keep me from jumping it). If I get really ambitious, I may grind the edges of the bumpers a little. Thanks again!

Later-
Nick
www.caintmakit.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode