Oppnions on 33x12.50 street tires - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-01-2001, 10:09 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Oppnions on 33x12.50 street tires

Im looking for a good set of street tires for the '87 4x4. This fall I will most likely be driving 60+ miles a day to school and work so I want something that has good on road handeling and wear. Dont get me worng, Im keeping my set of mud tires on old wagon wheels for weekends and deer season, but the BFG AT's I have been running on the street have gotten perty worn. I looked on line and found I few I liked (cheap). The first was a Bridgestone Dueler H/T D689 they had a 60K mile tread life warenty. The others were General Grabbers. The ST which is a street tire has a 50K mile tread life warenty, and the AT which looks like the BFG AT tread. I didnt really want any AT tires, but they got good feed back for their road manners, but they didnt have a tread life warenty. Finally I looked at coopers because i have heard good things about them from here before. They were the discoverys, Cant remember which series, but they had the least agressive tread. The web site didnt list any tread life, price, or warenty for them.

Any body have a favorite or expirence with any of them?
Ill probally call around while at work tomorrow and see if I can get some local prices.

Thanks,
Mike

Good Guys Wear Bow-Ties
[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-01-2001, 10:42 PM

Re: Oppnions on 33x12.50 street tires

<font face="Comic Sans MS">Please remove the bridgestone tires from your consideration. The Scotts gulf (bluff?) thing still hasn't changed. They screwed off road users out of access to a large patch of land they donated to the government because they still control what goes on there. And they said no vehicular access.. Hypocrites, they don't allow OHV access to continue in the place yet they continue making tires to go on OHV's... Cooper has either the Discoverer A/T, or the Discoverer radial. http://www.coopertires.com/tire_cooper/ltsuv.html That's the cooper site with their light truck tire page... [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] </font>

Tim "Sandman"

ORC Land Use columnist:
My May Column
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-02-2001, 01:13 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

my favorites are the wild countries. they are cheap ($97 for 33x12.50s) and wear great. 48k mile tread warranty for the all terrains. i had the rvt all terrain version when i got my truck and they were great, my dad has the XRTs on his tahoe and they are also really good all terrains. i have the TXRs on my truck and LOVE em. they are very similar to the bfg mud terrains. i have had mine 2 years (15k) and they still look like the day i got em. anyways - heres the website to check em out if ya want and if you have anymore questions i can tell you more. http://www.multimiletires.com

Mike ~
* Earnhardt Forever *

89 Chevy K1500 - 350TBI/700R4/NP241 - 3" lift - 33's - other goodies, but not enough! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-02-2001, 01:27 AM
Keyboard Implanted

yup the TXRs are a great tire, Ill step up to a set of 315s ounce my 285s are shot.

IF ITS GOT WHEELS OR A SKIRT YOU CANT AFFORD IT
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-02-2001, 03:33 AM
Mud in my Veins

For some really good prices on Cooper tires, go to http://www.costire.com. They beat the local Cooper guys on a set of Cooper STT mud terrains by $120 including shipping and my buddy mounting and balancing them for me. First place I look for tires.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

1992 Blazer Sport, 350, 4L60, Rancho 2" lift, 285/75R16 AT's, K&N, Flowmaster, MSD stuff[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-03-2001, 07:08 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks for the replies,
I called around today and in charleston WV 33x12.50 street tires are perty high. I looked at tirerack.com to see some diffrent ones availiable cause a couple people I work with said local prices were comparable (they have cars). The only real good deal I found was on sidewinders. I can get 4 sidewinder AP's for just under $400 mounted and ballanced. The All-terrians are just under $410 mounted and ballanced. I see alot of these running around here but havent talked to anybody about them. I am looking for good on road manners and tread life, I have a set of off brand mud tires on old rims that suit me great during hunting season and wild weekends [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]. I have been running BFG all terrians for the street and have got hung up several times when I got too lazy to pull out the impact, so as far as I am concerned AP, AT, or strait tread is all about the same. Bridgestone is already scratched off the list. Ill check on the wild countries and coopers on line because I havent found either in charleston. Has anyone had expirence with either of the sidewinders?
Thanks,
Mike

Good Guys Wear Bow-Ties
[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode