8" lift kit - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-29-2001, 09:58 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

8\" lift kit

I have an 88 V-10 Blazer and was thinking about installing an 8" lift kit and heard that i would have to make a lot of mods to the drive line to prevent premature wear of u joints. Does anyone have the 8" kit installed and if so what mods were required. I have heard of an offset mount for the transfer to help with pinion angle, but what about drive shafts? any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-29-2001, 11:49 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: 8\" lift kit

A V-10 ina blazer back in 88?

Maybe a cv joint would work in the drive line, pluss a little added lenth the drive shafts.

IF ITS GOT WHEELS OR A SKIRT YOU CANT AFFORD IT
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-29-2001, 11:57 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

maybe K-10??

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-30-2001, 12:04 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

around 87' the actual vehicle codes changed from k10/20/30 to v/10/20/30, but was not put on the vehicle anywhere, this is when the 1500/2500/3500 appeared on the badges.......(but its the same as a k truck.)

--Matt

http://www.geocities.com/shaggyk5
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-30-2001, 02:11 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

The question that I posted was regarding the lift kit. can anyone help.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-30-2001, 02:49 PM

You can lower the Transfer case with the spacers that are currently on top of the crossmember.(FREE)
Your drivelines will need to be modified. and since they are already being worked on you may as well do cv joints at the same time! this will save u-joints and eliminate vibrations!
For your lift you can get the 8" front springs "No problem" for the rear you may want to consider 4" lift springs and a 4" shackle flip (this would ride better).
DONT get Blocks![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img] but if you do[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img] dont get larger than 4" blocks!!!
If you get 8" springs, I hope you have a good dental plan, cause it will ride so stiff it is going to rattle the fillings out of you teeth [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Scooby Dooby Doo !!!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-30-2001, 02:56 PM

friend has a 8" superlift on his 85 k5. he has a 3" drop link and a 4" raised pitman arm, i beleive. he has full springs front and rear. it rides well, not that stiff, but he does have 44" boggers... anyhow, about your q. his t-case is droped about an 1", his front driveshaft a stock replacement that has a longer slip joint, but he has a dana 60 front and that is why it work.... and for the rear, it is a little longer also, but you can just get a shaft out of a longbox truck with the same driveline and get it cut down... he has a dana 60 front 14bolt rear...

Craig

'89 S-10 P/U 4.3L 31" Yoko M/Ts
'99 S-10 2.2L 2WD 5 Speed Stepside Totally Stock [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-30-2001, 10:11 PM
Mud in my Veins

I'd recommend http://www.BDS-Suspension.com's 8" lift kit, along with http://www.OffRoadDesign.com's 4" rear shackle flip and some of BDS's 4" rear springs.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

1992 Blazer Sport, 350, 4L60, Rancho 2" lift, 285/75R16 AT's, K&N, Flowmaster, MSD stuff[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 07-01-2001, 12:49 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Isn't the "Superlift Softride" supposed to be a good riding, lift kit? At least thats what they & the 4 wheel rags, brag about! I went to BDS's web site, their kits really look complete. But I suppose you are stuck with 4 Wheel Parts (YUK!) to get a reasonable price on them.

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] '87 Chevy 1t SWB in the making!
post #10 of (permalink) Old 07-02-2001, 12:31 AM
Mud in my Veins

jwduke, Shawn, the administrator for http://www.off-road.com/Chevy had 6" Superlift springs on his K5 Blazer (the "Potent Rodent" in the projects on the main page). He didn't give them high marks, so he took them off and replaced them with 6" BDS springs. Nothing but good things to say about them in his review.http://www.off-road.com/chevy/reviews/bds.

I've priced their stuff before, and the prices seem good. Even if it was more expensive I would go with it for BDS's unbeatable warranty.

I looked at their distributor's list, and this is what they show for Iowa:
Sport Truck Specialties, 102 E. Vernon Street, Walcott, IA 52773. 319-284-5001

I don't know if 4WPW sells BDS stuff, and even if they did, I would find another way to get my BDS lift. 4WPW can screw anything up.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

1992 Blazer Sport, 350, 4L60, Rancho 2" lift, 285/75R16 AT's, K&N, Flowmaster, MSD stuff[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode