Ever meet these types? Sorta O/T - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-28-2001, 04:59 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Ever meet these types? Sorta O/T

I've actually known this one guy for a while and sort of laughed it off but then I met this other guy yesterday with the same type of situation so I thought I'd make a worthless post about it for a couple of chuckles[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

First guy: He gets this Tahoe and tells me about how he's gonna get it all fixed up. Few months later I see him and he's telling me about it. So I say "What kind of lift did you get?" He says "I don't know". I'm thinking... [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif[/img]Whatever dude[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif[/img]

But then yesterday I'm talking to this guy who's got a Tahoe that's lifted. So I start talking trucks with him and ask him what kind of lift he has. He says "Well, I thought it was the Pro Comp but when I took it into the shop to get it aligned they told me it's the Dick Cepek"

So now I'm thinking WHAT THE HELL IS THE MATTER WITH THESE PEOPLE???? Even when I bought my lift with my almost next to nothing knowledge of 4x4s at least I knew what I was buying!!! I just find this to be really odd[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] I guess there's a lot more people like that out there than I thought.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]Somebody once said "Go Big" . . . Well we're goin' Full Size[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-28-2001, 05:27 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Ever meet these types? Sorta O/T

yea those people kill me. the funniest thing is that they have no clue what theyre buying but still pay out the ass. they will go to someplace like 4wpw and say "i want big tires" and they could get the crappiest lift or parts and they dont even know. then whatever shop they are at will just say "ok, that will be $5000) and they people pay it!! its crazy to think about, but there are people out there like that. of course those same people usually never take their trucks offroad either. there is a place here in jax called north florida off road. i went and talked to the guy that owns it and he is pretty cool and knows his stuff. they are the ones putting the LT1 i my buddies toyota. but anyways - being a big city, most of his customers are the people we mentioned which is good for him b/c he gets the money, but they all put the stickers on their rigs. i had one on my windshield and it was really cool looking, but i took it off b/c i didnt want to be associated with all these posers in town. there is a 98 chevy xcab on 44s that they did a d60/14ff conversion on but the guy painted his whole suspenion lime green and has about 20 chrom shocks, never even been on a dirt road before. what a waste!! haha. anyways - i dont get mad at these people, i just laugh.

Mike ~
* Earnhardt Forever *

89 Chevy K1500 - 350TBI/700R4/NP241 - 3" lift - 33's - other goodies, but not enough! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-28-2001, 05:46 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

My guess is that this guy took his truck to a shop and said I want it lifted with a procomp lift but they probably had a Dick Cepek on the shelf so thats what he got.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-28-2001, 06:30 PM
Can't Get Enough

If he paid for a ProComp lift and got a Dick Cepek lift then he is one lucky SOB!!!

Laters, Ryan

post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-28-2001, 10:20 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

And to top it off, the guy with the Cepek lift is running 38" Swampers and no body lift. I'd like to see him try to turn into a driveway[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]Somebody once said "Go Big" . . . Well we're goin' Full Size[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-29-2001, 07:38 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

There is a guy that lives by me with a nice truck but he a some serious (3") blocks on the [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]<font color=red> front axle</font color=red> talk about scary!!!

<font color=blue>Chris</font color=blue> [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-29-2001, 10:05 AM
TEX

<font color=purple>I'm even more amazed by the guys who do a lot of their OWN wrenching & don't know what they have. We've got one local mud racer around here who does 95% of all the work on his racer. But, no way could he tell you what his cam specs are or even what brand it is. Doesn't know how long his rods are, knows his displacement, but not the bore & stroke. Doesn't know his compression ratio, but claims to know the HP. Etc., etc. And there are LOTS of guys like that around here.</font color=purple>

TEX

http://sites.netscape.net/gumboracing

post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-29-2001, 10:14 AM
72dreamer

he he!!!!!

Tex said "rods" and "stroke".

You only live once, but if you live it right, once is enough.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-29-2001, 11:36 AM
Veteran

The best ones are the "Mr. KnowItAll's" they are the best and especially when they know nothing about it and then lye thru there teeth. The best was back when I was in my first year of college and my friend and I were talking about Bow Hunting because the season was fast aproching. (I know this isn't automotive but is still funny) So we were talking about are bow's and stuff and this other guy who over heard are conversation comes over and starts talking. He procedes(YES I KNOW I CAN'T SPELL!!!) to tell us how he bought a new bow last year. So we ask him what kind it is, and he said its something Eagle....GOLDEN EAGLE??? Yeah, I say...I have a Golden Eagle too!!! so I ask him what the draw weight is. Honest to god he said 160Lbs!!! Well, my buddy and I almost lost it and I asked him "so do you need to take a block&tackle up the tree with you when you go out deer hunting? NOPE!, I can draw it back no problem!!!

I just had to laugh because when I deer hunt I turn it down to 65Lbs but when I do target shooting in the summer I max it out at 80Lbs and I have struggle and I am 6' 220Lbs and have the muscle to back it up!!! and this dumb ass was maybe 175Lbs at the most!!!

I just love it when people like that open there mouth[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Ryan

93 GMC Yukon
Chevy SuperStock 4x4 Truck Puller
Great Lakes Truck & Tractor Pulling Association
http://www.greatlakespull.com
post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-29-2001, 12:42 PM

there's a truck in town that has 3" blocks on the front axle...i pass by it several times a week. i the people driving next to me must have though i was insane cause when i saw tht the front had blocks i about did a backflip in my seat! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

it a real estate company's promotional truck...its a SFA chevy with some huge tires. i'll get a pic with the digitial and post it. i've been meaning to do that for a while.

<font color=blue>Shorts</font color=blue>

Your what is stuck? [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode