don't it just piss you off. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-28-2001, 12:41 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

don\'t it just piss you off.

Just wanted to blow off some steam. When I got my truck painted 2 years ago I painted it black with charcole SS style stripes from the old Chevelles (since they are my fav car) and also to be differnet since no one around here has stripes on a truck (except a dodge 2wd) or SS stripes at that. I made the stripes really big since it is a truck and painted them charcole since the interior is grey with black trim so they kinda go together. Well anyways, about 4 montyhs ago this guy with relly rich grandparents gave him money for college and he spent in on a newer red chevy and painted the same style strips on his truck like has except he didn't do them on the tailgate. Then this last month a white 90ish Chevy truck that they guy painted bright yellow rocker panels on painted black stripes likle mine on the hood and tailgate and he always revs his engine around me. I'm just wondering why everyone wants to be the same? I do a totally new idea then everyone copies.... oh well, just pissed.

'86 GMC 4x4 Shortbox SS
http://mnorby.virtualave.net
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-28-2001, 12:51 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: don\'t it just piss you off.

There is a saying but I can't remember it!! Any way, these guys obviously like your truck and don't want to take the time or the effort to come up with something original...

You could paint your white letters on your tires pink and see if they copy that.. just playin, No really!!

<font color=blue>Chris</font color=blue> [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-28-2001, 12:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

It's their own insecurities! You shouldn't worry... after all, if they copied your idea, your truck must look bitch'en!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-28-2001, 12:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I hear ya man. I don't know if you can say they are copying you though. We all try to make our trucks different in our own little ways. There isn't a whole lot you can do anymore that someone else hasn't done. Sometime we see something someone has done and it gives us ideas and stuff like that. What you can do is drive him over with your truck... haha that'll learn'em. But I hear where you're coming from.

This mud is for you!
'88 Suburban, 350 TBI, 700R4, 3/4 ton, 9" Lift, 38" TSL's etc. etc. etc.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-28-2001, 01:19 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

That happened to me once. I had an '86 and painted it white with a silver stripe down the side. 6 months later, a truck shows up with the same paint job. A little while later, a burban has got the same paint job. People liked your paint job. It pissed me off at first, but then I figured it was a complament.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-28-2001, 01:34 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I think the saying goes "Imitation is the best compliment" or something like that.

97 K1500, 4" Rancho, 35" Wild Country AWs, custom dual exhaust
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-28-2001, 04:16 PM

monkey see monkey do

90K5

post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-28-2001, 04:24 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

the bad hting is that Powell, where I live, is only 5,000 people. So theere isn't too many cool trucks to begin with. Arrrghhh

'86 GMC 4x4 Shortbox SS
http://mnorby.virtualave.net
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-29-2001, 01:31 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I think the syaing goes, "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."

My truck ain't leaking oil it's marking it's territory!
post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-29-2001, 04:32 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Well I put a red door on my blue truck. No copy cats yet! I am original.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode