Painless's low-beams-stay-on-with-high-beams kit.. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-27-2001, 11:50 PM Thread Starter
Mud in my Veins

Painless\'s low-beams-stay-on-with-high-beams kit..

Okay, I got Painless Wiring's High Beam Headlight Relay from Summit today. The doohickey that keeps the low beams on 1988 and up trucks on when you turn on the high beams. I figure it will be a cheap set of offroad lights until I need and can afford two KC lights.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] Looks good so far. It looks like everything other than the tools I will need is included. Anyways, so does anyone else have this thing? Got any hints or tips for me? Any advice for me is always appreciated.

Did you hook the red wire up to the alternator or the Positive terminal on the battery?

What did you attach the ground to?

Thanks guys.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

1992 Blazer Sport, 350, 4L60, Rancho 2" lift, 285/75R16 AT's, K&N, Flowmaster, MSD stuff[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-28-2001, 12:08 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Painless\'s low-beams-stay-on-with-high-beams kit..

Ive been thinking about getin that kit for some time now but no one ive talked to has ever delt with it. Youve proably noticed how sometimes when your offroading at night the high beams go out to far, so I think this relay is a good deal even if youve got KCs

Ill be lookn forward to hearing how it goes

IF ITS GOT WHEELS OR A SKIRT YOU CANT AFFORD IT
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-28-2001, 12:52 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have also been thinking about buying that kit, it would be great if you could tell us how the gismo works when installed and if it is worth buying.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-28-2001, 01:05 AM Thread Starter
Mud in my Veins

Kid, I can't really tell from your sig, but does your truck have the 2 lights side by side, or the utility truck grill with the single, big light on each side? If it has the first set up, then it will work for you. If it's the second set up, you can't do it.

1992 Blazer Sport, 350, 4L60, Rancho 2" lift, 285/75R16 AT's, K&N, Flowmaster, MSD stuff[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-28-2001, 01:24 AM
Keyboard Implanted

its got the 4 beam set up just like yours

post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-28-2001, 01:28 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

well, i got the kit. i already talked to AJM earlier and told him how easy it was to install, but i saw that a few of yall were contemplating the kit so i wanted to encourage you to get it. for $20, it does make a big difference. the low beams and high beams are not only different brightnesses but different angles so when you have them both on, basically everything is lit up! of course now i also have the 100w KCs so i can see the entire world!!! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Mike ~
* Earnhardt Forever *

89 Chevy K1500 - 350TBI/700R4/NP241 - 3" lift - 33's - other goodies, but not enough! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-28-2001, 01:36 AM
Keyboard Implanted

yup gota love those KCs, I want to more on mine, but dont know where itd mount them?

post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-28-2001, 02:28 AM
Veteran

D[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]mn.

I just ordered the MSD coil and wires from Summit earlier. If I would have realized it was $20, I would have added it to my order. I hate to pay an extra $6.95 'cuz I forgot something.

Oh well, it's off to the parts store for cap and rotor anyway so I'll check with them to see if they have it.

1994 Z71 350, Xcab, Sportside, 285/75/16 BFG AT. Trailmaster 4" lift
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-28-2001, 03:38 AM Thread Starter
Mud in my Veins

I only want two on mine. I really can't see the need for more than 2 good offroad lights. Any more beyond that and you're straining the stock electrical system and what exactly are you trying to do, signal the space station? I love the picture of that Bronco/thing in this month's Four Wheeler with the gaudy as hell paint job and the 20 or so offroad lights. God, is that thing ugly.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-28-2001, 09:23 AM

Re: Painless\'s low-beams-stay-on-with-high-beams k

I've got 2 165 watt kc floods on the outer sides of the front bumper and 1 kc 165 watt spot in the center, it really lights up the night! But I too have wanted the painless kit as well.

1995 K1500 3"Suspension 3" Body Lifts 35x12.5x15's pro comp MT's on 15x8 Rockcrawlers 5.7L

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode