OT bought a bike today.. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-27-2001, 09:17 PM
BigBlueZ71

OT bought a bike today..

Ok guys this actually pertains to "offroad" but its not a truck, well sort of. anyway I bought an Iron Horse mountain bike today, full suspension, all that good stuff, its a [email protected]$$ bike. I got it reallllly cheap since I work at Oshmans super sports. But my question is, i'm goin to arkansas august 1st and need to rig up some way of carrying my bike in the back of my truck, stand up position. i was thinking of rigging up some sort of deal on my tool box, take off the front tire and and connect the rigged up deal on my tool box to the front shock fork, anybody ride here? or know of anyone with some sort of similar set up. My friend has a welder/torch so building the thing would be no prob.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-27-2001, 09:51 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: OT bought a bike today..

Bike stores sell a little mount that you can bolt onto the top of your tool box. I have a link to the picture some where If I find it I will post it.

<font color=red>'99 Silverado</font color=red> <font color=blue>'79 Blazer</font color=blue>
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-27-2001, 10:31 PM
deepnsteeP

On the tool box?!?!?!??!?!? Why would you want to put it there? What if ya need to get in there when the bike is on there? Then ya gotta take it all off and then put it back on. I know, I know, I'm lazy [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]. I think I would put something simple like in the bottom of the box or up on the bed rail and use the stake pockets so it is easy to take off when you don't need it. Just an idea.

If it hurts, soak it in cider!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-27-2001, 10:44 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

you could also mount it on the side of the box, that way you can still get in and not have to take the bike off. I bought a bike rack that looks like the ones for the cars but the peice that would go to the trunk of the car is bent alittle to hook over the tailgate. I use it all the time to carry out three bikes. here is a pic of my Bike

<font color=red>'99 Silverado</font color=red> <font color=blue>'79 Blazer</font color=blue>
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-27-2001, 11:30 PM
BigBlueZ71

Ok, let me rephrase, weld the adapter whatever to the FRONT of the box, so the tool box can still be opened And hey Mudsick if you could find a link to that store that sells that mount it would be a HUGE help! I attached a pic of my bike.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 18-467082-HILLBILL.jpg (13.3 KB, 0 views)
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-27-2001, 11:37 PM

Just get two ratchet straps, one that goes around the goose neck pulling the bike forward and the second around the shaft for the seat pulling the bike back words. Just make the straps tight and the bike will neve move I do it quite a bit.

If it aint broke, keep fixing it till it is.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-28-2001, 12:22 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Here is a Pic and site.

http://www.rackwarehouse.com/y1117.html

That looks like an expencive bike. I only paid about $130 for mine.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode