Truck Pinstripes - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-27-2001, 05:38 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Truck Pinstripes

Ok, I'm new on this site, but ive been readin ya'lls stuff for a couple of months.Anway I saw the pictures of tgt's Tahoe, and I liked how it looked with, i guess ya'll called it pinstripes, the stuff u had to take off with a heatgun. I was wonderin how it would look on a truck, and if anybody had any pictures. Also your opinions on how it would look on mine, but i don't have a pick. Its a 92 Z-71 ext. cab with a 2 tone dark grey on bottom and top, and light grey near silver in the middle.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-27-2001, 05:45 PM

Re: Truck Pinstripes

It should look pretty good! I removed them on mine. I also removed the 4x4 stickers (and if it were a z71 I would have removed them as well!!) I think that if it is a real 4x4 there is no need to advertise it! As everyone will should be able to tell.

Anyhow, here is a pic of mine, it is a bit dirty though.

1995 K1500 3"Suspension 3" Body Lifts 35x12.5x15's pro comp MT's on 15x8 Rockcrawlers 5.7L

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 18-466682-truckfront.JPG (66.6 KB, 0 views)
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-27-2001, 05:47 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

First of all, welcome aboard. It doesn't look too bad, just don't over do it. A simple pinstriping job looks much better than putting it all over the place and all kinds of curves etc. Keep it simple, it's only for asthtetic(I know I spelled that wrong) reasons anyway. I hope this kind of helps... I just like to ramble... "Lord I was born a ramblin man".

This mud is for you!
'88 Suburban, 350 TBI, 700R4, 3/4 ton, 9" Lift, 38" TSL's etc. etc. etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-27-2001, 06:06 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I said the wrong word, i ment the Badgeing on the sides. But your truck looks good without the pinstripes and decals, how'd u take um off

post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-27-2001, 09:27 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

chevsuz, do u have a pic with the molding removed?? in that pic, its still on there. i think im gonna leave mine off when i repaint it (mostly b/c i dont wanna pay for more and hassle with putting it on). the only reason i would like to have some is the protection against door dings in the parking lot (but soon enough it will be too tall to worry about that!! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Mike ~
* Earnhardt Forever *

89 Chevy K1500 - 350TBI/700R4/NP241 - 3" lift - 33's - other goodies, but not enough! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-27-2001, 11:39 PM
BigBlueZ71

i've got a pic with the pinstriping on......I think it looks kinda good on my truck...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 18-467094-Ryan2.jpg (44.0 KB, 0 views)
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-27-2001, 11:40 PM
BigBlueZ71

ok you can't see it in that pic hardly, lets try this one...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 18-467096-Ryan3.jpg (39.0 KB, 0 views)
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-27-2001, 11:41 PM
BigBlueZ71

damn still can't oh well

post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-28-2001, 01:40 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

damn ryan - when you gonna get some new pics of the truck!!! i wanna see the rims!!! haha. JK. anyways - did u get any pics while it was wrecked?? i think we would all be curious to see the damage and how well it looks after they fixed it

Mike ~
* Earnhardt Forever *

89 Chevy K1500 - 350TBI/700R4/NP241 - 3" lift - 33's - other goodies, but not enough! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-28-2001, 01:47 AM
Keyboard Implanted

mph,
I thought your paint was in great shape?

IF ITS GOT WHEELS OR A SKIRT YOU CANT AFFORD IT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode