Thank You, Rough Country Suspensions!!!!.... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-27-2001, 09:17 AM Thread Starter

Thank You, Rough Country Suspensions!!!!....

Hi guys, I know we mostly bitch about when a company screws you over. But I would like to say THANKS to Rough Country Suspension for coming to my aid!!!

I decided to try and remove my upper control arms on my truck in order to remove the alignment knock outs. The last place that supposedly aligned it removed the bolts and installed some cam bolts that were for another application. Those cam bolts then became stuck in the control arm sleeve/bushing. I ended up having to cut the control arms out with a torch! I called Rough Country Suspension to order new ones, and I explained my situation, they were sympathetic and much to my astonishment they gave me the polyurethane bushings and steel sleeves and only charged cost for the new control arms!!!!!

Again THANK YOU ROUGH COUNTRY!!

1995 K1500 3"Suspension 3" Body Lifts 35x12.5x15's pro comp MT's on 15x8 Rockcrawlers 5.7L

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-27-2001, 10:38 AM

Re: Thank You, Thank You, Thank You........

that's cool....talk about good PR [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

<font color=blue>Shorts</font color=blue>

Your what is stuck? [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-27-2001, 05:48 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, Shorts I was expecting to bend over, instead they were very helpful!!

1995 K1500 3"Suspension 3" Body Lifts 35x12.5x15's pro comp MT's on 15x8 Rockcrawlers 5.7L

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-27-2001, 06:27 PM

I had a good experience with them also. When I ordered my lift from them, they originally sent me 2 different rear springs. One phone call and they sent me another rear spring. I think I had it within 2 days. I thought they were great.

Cheryle

You never really learn to swear, until you learn to drive!!!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-27-2001, 07:59 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Thank You, Rough Country Suspensions!!!!....

hey guys i had good respose from them as well i ordered a 4" lift for a 3/4 ton 79 and got 1/2 ton rear u bolts one call and they overnited me the right ones very good pr

post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-28-2001, 08:56 AM Thread Starter

What is really cool is that the new control arms feature newer and better bushings and sleeves!

post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-28-2001, 09:07 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Since we are on the topic of Rough Country suspensions, what do you guys think of them. I'm thinking about the 2-1/2" to 3" suspension kit. How do you compare them with Skyjacker or Superlift?

- Rick -
98' GMC X-Cab Z-71 w/ 2" Body Lift, 33 x 12.50 BFG MT's on 15 x 8 Eagle 054 Gambler Rims, Custom exhaust & stereo.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-28-2001, 09:14 AM Thread Starter

I have the 2.5 - 3 lift, I don't know about sky or super but I like my lift. The only problems I have had are due to having idiots try to align it, which caused all of the above mentioned problems. All those dumbas$es needed to do was remove the slot and all would have been well. Anyway I really like the lift,it was very easy to install, and after Rough Country went out of their way to help me out, I like them alot more!!

post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-28-2001, 11:31 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

hey chevsuv12, i've got the same kit, but i was wondering, does your truck sit a little lower in the front than the rear? i've got the 2 1/2 add-a-leaves for the rear, and if i raise the torsion bars to make it sit level, the ride is hell and the upper control arms hit everything.
thanks

post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-28-2001, 11:33 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

hey chevsuv12, i have the same kit. i was wondering if you installed it yourself and if the truck sits level. i've got the 2 1/2 add a leaves with it, and i really have to crank the torsion bars just to make my truck level, resulting in a hell of a ride.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode