Who's From MI and what city? - Page 3 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of (permalink) Old 06-30-2001, 11:13 PM
Mud in my Veins

Re: Who\'s From MI and what city?

Yeah, I know. Throw on the electric blanket and about 3 more regular blankets, and snuggle up some more to her.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] I want to go to one of the big Truck Shows, like down in Indiana next year. Looks like lots of fun.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

So are you getting the Blazer? I'll probably end up with something similar for my second truck. Either a Blazer or a 3/4 or 1 ton pickup. I figure if it has rusty fenders I'll just swazall the rust off and put on Cut Out Flares. Rusty rockers? Fits some rock guards. My main thing is floorboards. I hate having to replace floorboards. Hoping to find something with a sound frame, sound running gear and drivetrain, and floorboards. The rest can be worked around.

1992 Blazer Sport, 350, 4L60, Rancho 2" lift, 285/75R16 AT's, K&N, Flowmaster, MSD stuff[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of (permalink) Old 07-01-2001, 03:08 PM

Yeah, I'm from Gladwin.
AJM, I bought that Blazer I was telling you about. I ended up getting it for $1500, but it is in great shape for a 77.
Check the attachment.

<font color=purple>Jeff427</font color=purple>
<font color=red></font color=red>
http://www.off-road.ws
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 18-470108-Sfrontcorner.jpg (36.4 KB, 0 views)
post #23 of (permalink) Old 07-01-2001, 10:19 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I am from MI also, the small town of Montrose to be exact about 15 min. north of Flint. I go to the Mounds alot but as many have already said its not that great. Silver Lake is the best. A bunch of friends and I are going up the for the 26th-29th of July It would be awesome if some of you guys could make it up there for that. I am all for starting some kind of club, there is a good group of people on here and I think we should get something started!

Nick
[email protected]
83' s10 extended cab 4x4 supercharged 2.8l v6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of (permalink) Old 07-01-2001, 11:12 PM
Mud in my Veins

Jeff, that thing looks sweet. Just out of curiousity, what are the details on it? Wish I had been home with the money to get it, and one step ahead of you.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Just kidding, good buy man.

I think we really should do something about a Michigan Internet 'Wheelers Club or something. I'd love to meet you all and see all the big and small places to wheel in Michigan. Sometimes it's not the Mounds, Silver Lake, and all the other main line, big places to go offroading that are the best, it's the little trail over behind Bob's house, etc.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] That's why I miss home so much, nothing here in SoCal like that.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

I also think those of us who will be down in the South Western part of the state should start a club. The only one I can find is some club up in Muskegon. A bit of a drive from Battle Creek-Kalamazoo, so it wouldn't be realistic for me. u4ia4 or anyone else thinking about this?

1992 Blazer Sport, 350, 4L60, Rancho 2" lift, 285/75R16 AT's, K&N, Flowmaster, MSD stuff[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
post #25 of (permalink) Old 07-02-2001, 03:42 PM

It has a 350, 3 speed tranny, 205 T-case, 10 bolt front, 12 bolt rear. It has a couple extra leafs in the front, and blocks in the rear, and 33 x 12.50 x 15s on 10" wide rims. I've already had it up to the top of tower hill twice, and on the Powerlines, too. The tires are way better than I expected. I am very happy with it so far. I plan on doing some minor modifying to get it to work better in the trails, but not much, as it already works pretty good [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img].

post #26 of (permalink) Old 07-03-2001, 08:21 AM

jeff, do you ever go to any of the mud bogs at albright shores? my friends and i have started going there this year, some of them enter too. fun to watch the mud fly and see the trucks break.... here is the website for info http://mudbogs.topcities.com/

Craig

'89 S-10 P/U 4.3L 31" Yoko M/Ts
'99 S-10 2.2L 2WD 5 Speed Stepside Totally Stock [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
post #27 of (permalink) Old 07-03-2001, 10:12 AM

We went to the Ice Drags there last year, to watch a friend who entered, Fishyoo7. Thanks for the link to the web site, I didn't know they had one. Might head up there sometime, to watch, column shift isn't very good for drags [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img].

post #28 of (permalink) Old 07-03-2001, 05:20 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

The Thumb Area Mud Runners are holding a competiton mud bog on july 22nd in Sebewaing. email me for more info.

Thanks,
Ryan

"Life Begins Where The Pavement Ends"
post #29 of (permalink) Old 07-03-2001, 10:34 PM

AJM,
I"m all about getting into some sort of on-line/off-road club. lord knows i put the miles on the great white, so i don;t give a crap where its at, but I;'d love to be a part of it. we have to have a sticker to put on my truck though.
you've got to come and see me at MSU in (i think) the Hot Rod Thunder Nationals come to the Breslin Center every year. i love those big trucks running over the cars. i want mine to do that.
---Peacock

<font color=red>96 Z-71 EXTcab, richmond 3.73, detroit rear, cold air, dual flowmasters, new drive-train </font color=red>
post #30 of (permalink) Old 07-03-2001, 10:42 PM
Mud in my Veins

Jeff, Blazer sounds great man.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] Good choice.

u4ia4, that's like a pilgrimage for my buddies in Middleville.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] Sounds good to me. I want an inside mount sticker for this truck though. The next truck, the official beater/thrasher/play toy, will have all the stickers my good taste doesn't cover this Blazer in.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode