School's Finally out!!! O/T - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-25-2001, 08:38 PM Thread Starter

School\'s Finally out!!! O/T

Well today I wrote my LAST final, till next year anyways. Tomorrow morning though, I'm leaving for Quebec City for a lttle vacation. Not that it matter's but has anyone been there? Did you try to speak french to them? I'm just writing to see what the french were like to you, because I hear if you try to speak french to them they are nice, but IF you don't make the effort to speak french, then they will pretty much brush you off. Tell me what ya think.
Kev

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-26-2001, 07:32 AM
Zooman

Re: School\'s Finally out!!! O/T

Have fun in Quebec. Nice looking province.
I was there a couple of years ago and had some good experiences and some bad ones with the people there. I found the farther you went east the friendlier they were. We went almost all the way to the east coast of Quebec and almost no one there spoke any English. Luckly one of the girls I was there with spoke some french. All I learned how to say was BEEER. We stopped in Montreal and found alot of people there where not really that nice, we assumed it was because we didn't speak french that well.
Anyway have fun!!

Zooman

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]<font color=blue>78 Chevy 3/4 in the rough</font color=blue>

post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-26-2001, 08:15 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: School\'s Finally out!!! O/T

I think BEER is in the universal language. Learn to say that in whatever language you need...and then you start making friends. Really though, have a great trip.

- Rick -
98' GMC X-Cab Z-71 w/ 2" Body Lift, 33 x 12.50 BFG MT's on 15 x 8 Eagle 054 Gambler Rims, Custom exhaust & stereo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode