Herculiner UV stuff has arrived - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-25-2001, 07:42 PM Thread Starter

Herculiner UV stuff has arrived

FINALLY.....i called herculiner this morning to check and see about the order - thankx mphz71 for the number - and they said it shipped out last thursday and friday. well, speak of the devil, the UPS man just dropped off the stuff. its a quart of UV protectant and its black.

hopefully i can get it on the truck asap...and you guys who ordered it, it should be at your house very soon [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] this stuff better work. you're suppose to mix it with water, then apply it. its thickness...its 80 microns wet(.0032"), then 30 microns(.0012") after it dries. the water evaporates and leaves the film layer...yeehaw. it surface dries in an hour....

<font color=blue>Shorts</font color=blue> <-- its not what you think...and don't ask what it is [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-25-2001, 08:27 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Herculiner UV stuff has arrived

good deal,
maybe Ill have to try it.
you have any pics of your bed with the liner applied or anyone with the liner?

IF ITS GOT WHEELS OR A SKIRT YOU CANT AFFORD IT
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-25-2001, 09:57 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

HAHA - thats kinda funny shorts cause we were just talking about it last night. well im glad you got it! did they only send you the UV stuff?? cause theyre sending me a whole kit to redo mine PLUS the UV protector. i dunno how bad yours is though. heres the pics of my bed i sent em. they shipped mine thursday so it should be here tomorrow probably.

Mike ~
* Earnhardt Forever *

89 Chevy K1500 - 350TBI/700R4/NP241 - 3" lift - 33's - other goodies, but not enough! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-26-2001, 01:22 PM Thread Starter

mph, the liner is thinning out on the top of the bedrails and barely on the sides....but about half the intesity of yours [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

i need to remove the rack and toolbox...or the toolbox at the very least, so i can cover the whole bed...but i'm thinking i might not take anything off and just coat the exposed bed and tailgate extra thick [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] 1 qt covers 90 sq.ft.

evan, i have several pics of the herculiner, right after application and one from several months ago....here's the aged liner [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

<font color=blue>Shorts</font color=blue> <-- its not what you think...and don't ask what it is [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Last edited by Shorts; 03-08-2007 at 10:43 PM.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-26-2001, 03:15 PM
Keyboard Implanted

that actually doesnt look to bad for being aged.

IF ITS GOT WHEELS OR A SKIRT YOU CANT AFFORD IT
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-26-2001, 05:20 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

shorts - one question i just thought of when i saw your truck - for the bumper and rack, did you powdercoat or paint them? if you painted, what kind did you use? im trying to find a kind of black paint that wont rub off real easy. thanks...

Mike ~
* Earnhardt Forever *

89 Chevy K1500 - 350TBI/700R4/NP241 - 3" lift - 33's - other goodies, but not enough! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-26-2001, 10:42 PM Thread Starter

well, its worse than what the pic shows...there are a few spots that look like mike's bed [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] i went out and scrubbed it down this afternoon and thought that another coat of herc would really help...but i doubt i'll apply another coat.

mph, the rack, bumper and toolbox all have the same paint. i forgot what kind we used, so let me get back to you on that. its a semigloss or gloss, whatever it is. we sandblasted everything, then primered, then painted. you can wax the stuff and it comes out really nice [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

<font color=blue>Shorts</font color=blue> &lt;-- its not what you think...and don't ask what it is [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode