Just ordered 38.5" Swampers! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-25-2001, 03:15 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Just ordered 38.5\" Swampers!

Just ordered my 38.5x14.5x16.5 Super Swamper SX tires. National Wheel & Tire gave me the best price. Can't wait for those to hit my door.

Tried to get 16.5" Tireloc bead lock system but they were on back order for 1 month.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img] I was hoping to get those at the same time but I guess I'll have to wait.

Shawn
87 K5
few mods

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-25-2001, 03:59 PM
Veteran

Re: Just ordered 38.5\" Swampers!

Hey Shawn...how does that bead loc system work? I havn't heard of it before....or that I can remember anyway.

Ryan

93 GMC Yukon
Chevy SuperStock 4x4 Truck Puller
Great Lakes Truck & Tractor Pulling Association
http://www.greatlakespull.com
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-25-2001, 04:25 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

The Tireloc bead lock system works pretty much like a low-profile tire within the tire. Since the inner liner/tube can't expand, the sidewalls end up clamping the tire beads against the rim edges, There's a special valve stem (that goes between the liner and the tire sidewall) that is used to pump up the inner liner/tube. The only thing visible from the outside is the second valve steam. As long as you are able to drill one extra hole, this kit will fit virtually any wheel on the market. It's also legal and you can still balance the tire where the normal bead lock wheels, you can't.

Check out this link for more info:

http://www.tireloc.com/

Shawn
87 K5
few mods

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-25-2001, 04:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Shawn,

Man, can't wait to see your truck with them big ole meaty meats [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

That tireloc thing sounds interesting. Might have to look into it in the future (wayy future that is- broke as a joke now) Take care.
Boss

89' 1 TON of FUN K5
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-25-2001, 05:08 PM
Resurrection_Joe

Gee I wonder what is going to happen to those old stinky 36's that used to be on Shawn's K5?

<html><font size="+4">TWELVE DAYS !</font><html>

Enter Ground Zero - http://rj.coloradok5.com
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-25-2001, 05:15 PM
whitetail204

Theres almost nothing worse than waiting.Your trucks gonna look sweet.By the way 2 1/2 months til' bow season.(yeeeeeehaaaa!!!!!)Hey Boss let me know when and if you get time to go hunting.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-25-2001, 05:49 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Ooops! I forgot to tell you Joe I sold the tires already. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

j/k... See ya the 7th.

Shawn
87 K5
few mods

post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-26-2001, 01:59 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I assume that with the Tireloc system you can air down the 16.5's and not worry about unseating...........

Nice job, now let's see that RAT motor!!!!!!!!!!

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]<font color=blue>[b]'79 K5 with 406 TPI - See it ---&gt;http://www.blazzinor.alloffroad.com[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-26-2001, 08:40 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Cool tires. I am interested to see what the true width of tire is compared to stated width on tire. I heard they narrowed the Bias-ply tires to keep them from seperating. AND they jacked up the prices on my Boggers! $404 each for the 44's! Good luck. I'll pick your old ones up this weekend. Thanks for selling them to me instead of RJ.

"Bubba Tub" 1977 K-10 350,Th350,Np203 D60/14ff 4.56's Detroit Rear. 7" lift, 39.5/16.5 Swamper TSL's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode