They always do that! ......OT - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-24-2001, 10:26 PM Thread Starter

They always do that! ......OT

there's a truck for sale down the road. its a chevy '86 1 ton regular cab 4x4...14 bolt rear, D60(?) up front, new 4spd tranny, tcase(?), 35" BFG muds....the thing has light rust here and there, but its an old farm truck...anyway, they guy wants $2900 for it. it needs a front drive shaft, but other than that, its ready to roll.

HOW COME THESE DEALS DON'T COME AROUND WHEN I'M LOOKIN' FOR ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

i'll snag a pic in the morning if anyone is interested. i also have the guys #

<font color=blue>Shorts</font color=blue> &lt;-- its not what you think...and don't ask what it is [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-24-2001, 11:18 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: They always do that! ......OT

well a guy my dad works with is trying to sell his truck - its a 74 3/4 ton. 350/auto(400 i think) with 14ff and d60. the cab is pretty rusted and the bed floor needs new wood. motor runs good he said. one question - what tcase would this have?? he wants $850. my dad just told me about it yesterday and i said the drivetrain is prob worth that. what do yall think? would it be worth it to get it and try and replace parts or just get this for parts to build either my truck or another one?? thanks for the opinions

Mike ~
* Earnhardt Forever *

89 Chevy K1500 - 350TBI/700R4/NP241 - 3" lift - 33's - other goodies, but not enough! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-24-2001, 11:53 PM
Veteran

Mike-The D60's didn't come out untill 77. There is a D44 in the front of my 76 1ton. Might be a 60 though if he dropped it in instead of the D44 sometime later.

Just thought I would tell ya......Shorts-You should pick it up and make a project truck out of it. There are all the pest parts there in that truck....SM456/NP205/14bolt/D60. What more could you ask for other than a 511CU on ALKY.....Oh wait....thats what I want[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]LOL.

anyway, its a great deal....think about it!!!

Ryan

93 GMC Yukon
Chevy SuperStock 4x4 Truck Puller
Great Lakes Truck & Tractor Pulling Association
http://www.greatlakespull.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-25-2001, 12:51 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

ok ryan - thanks. thats my bad b/c i havent seen the truck. my dad just told me it had a full floating rear and is 8 lug so i assumed that it was a d60. can anyone tell me any more specs about this truck? it just sounded like a pretty good deal, i dunno

Mike ~
* Earnhardt Forever *

89 Chevy K1500 - 350TBI/700R4/NP241 - 3" lift - 33's - other goodies, but not enough! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-25-2001, 09:39 AM

stopped and looked at an 84 1 ton 4 door longbox 4x4 chevy dually yesterday. it has a 454 with a broken crank, freshly rebuilt 350 tranny, 203 t-case, slightly rusted... guy said he would take 1500 for it.... what ya'll think? friend might buy it for spare parts for his blazer on 44s...

Craig

'89 S-10 P/U 4.3L 31" Yoko M/Ts
'99 S-10 2.2L 2WD 5 Speed Stepside Totally Stock [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-25-2001, 01:20 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Shorts i know what you are talking about it must be some part of Murphys law when you have money theres not a good deal to be found but just as soon as ya spend your money people are coming up to ya all over the place wit hkiller dealas. It always happens to me that way to.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-25-2001, 01:30 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I know what the problem is. RyanB is getting all the good deals so there's none left for the rest of us[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]Somebody once said "Go Big" . . . Well we're goin' Full Size[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-25-2001, 02:07 PM
Veteran

LOL....thanks Jim, but the deals don't seem to be showing up here lately. Or at least not for what I am looking for. The second I pick up D60 for $250 I will tell you about what a deal I got[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Ryan

93 GMC Yukon
Chevy SuperStock 4x4 Truck Puller
Great Lakes Truck & Tractor Pulling Association
http://www.greatlakespull.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode