My new hood...Need some opinions - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-23-2001, 10:07 PM
whitetail204

My new hood...Need some opinions

Hey everyone heres the hood Im getting ready to buy . I would appreciate anyone with an opnion to give me some feedback. Dont be shy or afraid to hurt my feelings I havent spent the money...YET. Thanx y'all.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 18-462770-hood.jpg (19.1 KB, 2 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-23-2001, 10:20 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: My new hood...Need some opinions

I don't like it. The slope and sculped scoop in the middle of the hood doesn't fit in with the square boxy Chevy hood in my opinion. I have seen aftermarket Camaro hoods and they have that same style scoop in the middle. I think it looks good on the camaros because they are already slippery machines, but in my opinion I wouldn't think that would look good on a truck.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-24-2001, 01:21 AM
Swamper104

i would have to agree with the above post. Stick with the standard cowl.
--Davey

[email protected]
95 Chevy 2500 ext. cab and a Big 75 Ford
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-24-2001, 04:20 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Are you on crack? Thats crazy talk man! What are you building the bat mobile ? Just trying to rile ya up. Where are you getting it from? US body source has them to I Think. Not into appearence items obviously so I cant make a opinion. Seems like it would be expensive to buy and then paint. Remember trucks fade so the hood might not match. Good luck.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-24-2001, 04:56 AM
Mud in my Veins

I used to want to get a cowl induction hood, or something similar. Then I realized that my engine bay gets enough water, mud, and crap splashed up into it from below, there's no need to add a big hole above it to let the crap fall down in from.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] So I am sticking with my stock hood.

1992 Blazer Sport, 350, 4L60, Rancho 2" lift, 285/75R16 AT's, K&N, Flowmaster, MSD stuff[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-24-2001, 07:08 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I'd have to agree with everybody else, stick with the regular cowl hood or the stock hood. Just my .02. The paint matching issue would be my main concern.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-24-2001, 09:15 AM
BigBlueZ71

To make ya feel better WhiteTail....I LIKE THE COWL INDUCTION HOODS! haha no really I do, but not the one you have as an attachment, stick with the regular cowl hood.

-Ryan S- 1994 Chevy Silverado Z-71 Two-Tone Navy/Silver, 285/75/16 BFG Mud Terrains. Custom Flowmaster Dual Exhaust. K&N system. Custom Kenwood/Rockford Fosgate system, two 12" Rockford HE subs.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-24-2001, 02:33 PM

Hey dood, don't know if you saw it but here's a pic of it installed. (not my truck)http://www.prestigious1.com/images/Cowlhoods/CH4146882b.jpg I think it looks pretty cool.

I've been looking at hoods too and kinda' like this one. http://www.prestigious1.com/images/Cowlhoods/CH4113942b.jpg

I'd like the standard cowl-hood best if they made a really low-profile one, so it would look ok on my stock-ish truck.

See ya' Brian.

post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-24-2001, 05:30 PM
whitetail204

Thanx everyone. Im still thinking it over. I will keep y'all posted.

post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-24-2001, 06:25 PM
whitetail204

After looking at the hood installed Im thinking regular cowl or save the cash and go for the 350 engine swap.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode