Extended Brake Hoses - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-23-2001, 04:20 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Extended Brake Hoses

I've got a 1987 Suburban, lifted to 6 inches in the front, 5 in the rear. I'm running a 14 bolt FF rear and 10 bolt corp front, 8 lug. My question is do you know any vendors besides Explorer Pro Comp that make extended brake hoses? I haven't had much luck finding any on the net. Pro-comp makes them for the chevy, but they only fit the 1/2 ton calipers. I know that my calipers are the same size, but the diameter of the line and hose bolt is larger. I would greatly appreciate any help you folks can give.

Daryl

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-23-2001, 02:07 PM

Re: Extended Brake Hoses

I am currently working on a SFA conversion on a '90 3/4 ton. I needed a brake line that goes from chevy IFS to a ford dana 60. Just when I thought it was impossible to find brake lines I found 2 options
1. Offroad Unlimited had a contact that can make DOT approved lines for anything (little expensive though)
2. Most machine (or power/hydraulic transmition) shops can make one if you supply the ends from the old hoses. They aren't DOT approved though. The guy I talked to said that they are as good as or better than the DOT approved ones, but they don't have insurance for that stuff so they can't put the stamp on it. While this is illegal for street use, this truck won't see pavement accept for maybe crossing a road.
You may have more options available, but I didn't so that is all I know.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-23-2001, 08:58 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Try 77 or 79. The calipers changed between these years one was small one was large holes. Cant remember which way it went. I bought 12" metal line piece and f-f adapter made my own for now using stock lines.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-24-2001, 09:57 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Dynatrac makes custom brake lines. Stainless for sure, I don't know about regular rubber.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-24-2001, 10:37 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Try skyjacker I just got a set for my Blazer from them

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode