Fab-Teck Suspensions Question - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-22-2001, 04:57 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Fab-Teck Suspensions Question

I am looking at using a six inch fab tech susp kit on my 89 chevy silverado 2wd.

Has anyone seen any reviews on this product ?

or hands on exp.?

Thanks !

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-22-2001, 05:01 PM

Re: Fab-Teck Suspensions Question

I have the 6" w/3" body lift on my 95 ext. cab 2wd. I love it. I have never had any problems with it. I have had the front of my truck around 5 feet off the ground before and came down smooth and no broken or bent parts. It was easy to align after installation as well. If you are thinking of installing it yourself such as I did, tell me and I will give you a few tips to make it go much faster.

Jason
Big Willy Style
http://www.projectbigwilly.com

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-22-2001, 05:06 PM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-23-2001, 12:00 AM
Can't Get Enough

Nice truck. We have a guy here at Ft. Bliss(El Paso) with a 2WD suburban with 37's on it. It has almost 3 feet of clearance at the front.

88 crewcab w/38's. For sale.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-25-2001, 01:51 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I don't have time or the tools to do the install myself and was quoted 1400 for parts and 400 for labor.

Is this price resonable?

thanks!

post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-25-2001, 02:48 PM

That is a very good price for labor considering I was quoted over 1200 for labor. Anyway, the parts price seems a few hundred high to me. What model are you looking at and for what vehicle? Go to http://www.ntwonline.com and check out there prices on the stuff.

Jason
Big Willy Style

post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-26-2001, 01:30 AM
Mud in my Veins

Surfknack, just so you know, I am helping my buddy get a 5.5" Fabtech lift on his 98 Ranger. I have priced everything out for him, and here's my advice for you:
1: Call Fabtech and get all the part numbers you will need. That way when you order your kit or ask for prices you can make sure they are pricing everything you want, nothing more, nothing less. My buddy is just using his on road, no offroading, so we are just going with their rear blocks. You may want to go with springs or a shackle flip for the rear since your truck actually has some power and is going to be taller with bigger tires than his little Ranger.
2: Tyres International, http://www.tyres1.com, 800-321-7213 and RV Performance, http://www.performancecombos.com, 800-874-2112, had the best prices for his Fabtech kit out of all the 4x4 advertisers in Four Wheeler and 4Wheel & Offroad. I dunno how it would be for your Chevy kit, but they beat the others by $100-400. Worth a look.

1992 Blazer Sport, 350, 4L60, Rancho 2" lift, 285/75R16 AT's, K&N, Flowmaster, MSD stuff[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-26-2001, 01:18 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks for the links !! I am price checking the same kit and I have a 3/4 ton and was quoted 1400.00 for parts 6" long travel kit & 400 for labor. the 1/2 ton price for the 6" lift on Tyre site is 1899.00 . I am going to be mounting a cabover camper so I also need to know what kind of rear set up should I use with this kit to keep my camper level? Just heavy duty springs? With a big camper what size tires will give me a nice wide stable stance?

Again thanks for the links and feedback!

Skip

post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-26-2001, 01:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks for the reply !

I am Looking at the 6" long travel kit with heavy load springs in the rear since I will be mounting a cabover camper on it sometimes and also pulling my boat.

What type of tires and rims do you recommend for this type of set up so that I have a nice wide stable stance?

I think next week I will be starting all this after my camping trip this weekend I cant wait !!

post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-26-2001, 10:58 PM

Hold it right there man! You are getting the 6" long travel kit for 1400? Including lower control arms? I was quoted 2600 for the long travel kit.

Jason
Big Willy Style

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode