I need to sell my 350 block.... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-22-2001, 01:38 PM Thread Starter

I need to sell my 350 block....

hey dudes, I have my old 350 block sitting in the garage. my uncle wants it for his truck. he's a head mech and i know he'll get good use out of it when he's got it finished....(he rocked it up with the '79 chevy K20 4x4 he bought for $500 and a blown motor).... anyway, what's a fair price for it? i'm not looking to hit the jackpot ...hehe... but just get a little cash in my pocket for the weekend or something [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

its '94 350 with 112k miles and running when it was pulled. it had a scored crankshaft and bearings(hence the replacement). when the new engine was installed in my truck, the dealer used the pieces from the old engine...so, the old block will first need a rebuild, plus the intake manifold, exhaust manifolds, water pump...etc...

i was hoarding the block in my garage for a rainy day...i was going to little by little rebuild it, and maybe warm it up(cam, intake, ported/polished/$$ heads, etc)...but, at this point, i need to finish up school and keep the $$ focused where its necessary....i know, i know...i think that that project is necessary too [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

<font color=blue>Shorts</font color=blue> &lt;-- its not what you think...and don't ask what it is [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-22-2001, 03:08 PM
Veteran

Re: I need to sell my 350 block....

Shorts- I would say on a 350 long block that has that many miles and has some internal damage even though its running...might be worth a couple hundred. Its only a 2-bolt main and its going to take some work. I know up here you can buy older 4-bolt long blocks that were running when they were pulled that go for around $200-400. Its just that there are so many 350's out there and its harder to get money for the 2-bolts because the 4-bolts can be bought used for a couple bucks more.

If it were me, personally....I would make it a rainy day project and even if it doesn't run in the end(with my luck) I would still get some hands on engine rebuilding which I am going to need. I have rebuilt 3 engines now with pretty good luck but that was a couple years ago just for the fun of it. 2 of them were 2.8L and the other was a 350.

Anyway, good luck...Ryan

93 GMC Yukon
Chevy SuperStock 4x4 Truck Puller
Great Lakes Truck & Tractor Pulling Association
http://www.greatlakespull.com
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-22-2001, 03:25 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Shorts,
I went throught the same thing about a year ago. I was doing some welding for a guy and he had all this junk in his garage he was wanting to clean out, so he gave me an oler 70s 350 4 bolt mains. I was going to rebuild it, but got desperate for money, I ended up geting 150 for it.
But now I think I should have kept it and rebuilt it. But if you realy do want to get rid of it 200 shoulod be a fair price. And if your uncle doesnt want it, I would take it off your hands for 200 + shipping from texas.

IF ITS GOT WHEELS OR A SKIRT YOU CANT AFFORD IT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-22-2001, 09:38 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Shorts it's your uncle why don't you just give it to him? You know when you need a favor he'll be right there.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-23-2001, 01:07 AM
Keyboard Implanted

shorts,
Is it just the block or does it still have the pistons and everythings minus intake and all that stuff?
either way I want it
The Kid

post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-23-2001, 04:02 AM Thread Starter

well, i'm kinda needing some $$ right now...so, that's why i'm hoping to get a little cash out of the deal.

kid, it has all the internals....no bare block here [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] i'll get a pic of it in the morning.

<font color=blue>Shorts</font color=blue> &lt;-- its not what you think...and don't ask what it is [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-23-2001, 02:25 PM Thread Starter

a pic...

<font color=blue>Shorts</font color=blue> <-- its not what you think...and don't ask what it is [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Last edited by Shorts; 03-08-2007 at 10:43 PM.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-23-2001, 02:28 PM Thread Starter

another....

<font color=blue>Shorts</font color=blue> <-- its not what you think...and don't ask what it is [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Last edited by Shorts; 03-08-2007 at 10:43 PM.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-23-2001, 02:31 PM
Veteran

WOW, lotīs of old oil goo[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]. $200 should be a fair price. I sold an empty 2 bolt block for $120, and with yours they get crank, heads, rods, valvecovers. Atleast $200.

Andreas

<font color=blue>Member of the secret sbc400 club</font color=blue>
post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-24-2001, 07:13 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Shorts
looks like its ready to ship, so are we going to deal? Im serious.

Evan

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode