Uncle Looking to buy a Z71! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-22-2001, 12:28 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Uncle Looking to buy a Z71!

Hello, all! Just wanted everyone's opinion. Okay, my Uncle bought an Impala SS spec'd 96 Caprice like 1 yr ago, and now he wants a 96up Z71 ext. cab! I just wondered what everyone thought about it? He wants a Z71 for the leather and the tow pkg.(both you can get with the 4x4, right?) I told him that a Z71 ext cab is like $3000 higher than a 4x4 reg. cab. And the Z71 pkg is just a sticker, some skidplates and Bilsteins. ALso, what year did the 3rd door become an option, 98? They said his car is worth like $12,000 on trade and he could get like $2500-$3000 to put with it. Ive seen LOTS of 94 and 95s for $13-$15,000 because they have the TBI engines. The Vortech 350 is what he wants though!
Any input is appreciated. Thanks.
A.Smith

1989 GMC S-15 4x4 4.3L/700R-4, 3.08s, 31" Sport Kings For Sale
1985 S-10 4x4 Soon to have 3504BM/TH350/D44/14FF, 35" Boggers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-22-2001, 12:38 AM
BigBlueZ71

Re: Uncle Looking to buy a Z71!

post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-22-2001, 10:46 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I got a 2001 Z71 Ext. cab about 7 months ago. Not sure when the 3rd door became available, but I think the 4th door is standard in the 2000 models. The Z71 package includes a bigger air cleaner (may add a coupla horses), bigger shocks (which increases payload & towing capacity a little), skid plates, and the stickers of course. In the new models, Z71 also includes that fancy pro-tec composite bed & tailgate. The 5.3L Vortec is standard with LT trim level and optional with the LS or standard trims. The tow package is separate (option Z83, I think). 4.11 gears and locking rear are good options to look for too.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-22-2001, 01:09 PM

third door and vortec V8 were available in '96. you can get the truck fully loaded, leather included. the Z71 badged truck $3000 higher??? ....only to the seller..... [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

check out http://www.autotrader.com

<font color=blue>Shorts</font color=blue> <-- its not what you think...and don't ask what it is [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode