Caution Tale O/T - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-21-2001, 04:11 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Caution Tale O/T

A few weeks ago a "friend" called me up at 23:30 to come pull his jeep out of a constrution site. This was the day before a major final so I was really pissed. Anyway I drive out there to pull his dumb a*# out and I arrive to find three local police cruiser's waiting for me. They patted me down and let me go. My "friend" and the two other guys riding with him all got arrested. Then to compound their stupidity they went back two days later to get the jeep out and got arrested again. In the end to driver was charged $30,000 worth of property damaged, a $1,000 fine and $1,000 to have the city pull his jeep out of the mud. (I could have done it for free but I have a problem with going too jail.) I think the whole story is pretty funny. But the moral of the story is; there are place for off-roading and places for work and if you can't tell the difference then you shouldn't be off-roading.

P.S. To the officer's involved Thank You for being fair and not arresting me and to Matt; that is what you get for being a dumb a%*.

My truck ain't leaking oil it's marking it's territory!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-21-2001, 12:23 PM

Re: Caution Tale O/T

Bonehead. It's people like him who are getting all the damn trails closed!!

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]Yodas Day Off[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-21-2001, 02:08 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

That is crazy!

Was your "friend" on private property?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-23-2001, 06:54 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yes my "friend" was on private property, and guess who owns the land- The town's mayor! Talk about bad luck.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-23-2001, 07:22 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

WOW!!![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] $32,000 for a little joyriding. That dude's in some serious trouble. He'll be paying that off for a long time.

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]Somebody once said "Go Big" . . . Well we're goin' Full Size[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-26-2001, 04:14 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yeah, tell me about it. I'd like to know how he could do $30,000 worht of damage to MUD. He was totally harassed cause of who owns the property. One of the guys who went to pull it out the second time got his licences suspened. I just lucky I didn't get pulled into it.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-26-2001, 07:12 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

A friend of mine tried the same crap basically. He went down a walking trail only on some state land and got stuck down in a little gulley. At the time I had my toyota and I had to pull him with a chain attached to a come-along attached to a tow strap just to reach him because I wasn't going to drive down in the goop too! I don't recommend attaching retrival devices like that...not too safe, but I didn't want to be there long and wanted to get him out and get home. I had to pull from an incline facing uphill and at an angle from the way his vehicle set. I was hard to pop him sideways out of his ruts but I finally pulled him out with 3 snatches. All I could think about was that any time a forest ranger or cop was going to patrol down the trail and write us up in a long list of fines...all because I had a stupid friend who picked the wrong spot to try and party at. We lucked out and never got caught, but I don't recommend fooling around on land like that. You were smart not to tow that guy!

- Rick -
98' GMC X-Cab Z-71 w/ 2" Body Lift, 33 x 12.50 BFG MT's on 15 x 8 Eagle 054 Gambler Rims, Custom exhaust & stereo.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-27-2001, 04:22 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

RICK98Z, you are a lucky SOB, the only reason my "friend" got arrested is because the mayor owned the golf coures, I've driven that area for many years and until the golf coures was built there was never a cop in sight.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode