Post deleted by Cuttingedge - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-20-2001, 08:54 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Post deleted by Cuttingedge

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-20-2001, 09:21 PM
Veteran

Re: OT/ Look At What We Been Doing At Work

Shouldn't you be bracing up the walls, or do I just not see it? I hate it when I hear about accidents where workers are trapped in a cave-in. I mean 23 ft of dirt is a lot.

Be careful

1994 Z71 350, Xcab, Sportside, 285/75/16 BFG AT. Trailmaster 4" lift
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-20-2001, 09:54 PM
deepnsteeP

Yup, you be seeing correctly. You outa be shoring that trench. Build one of those walls fer it or get one of those movable box things. OSHA would be on that like flys on.......well you know the expression.

If it hurts, soak it in cider!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-20-2001, 10:22 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

damn, what did i miss?!?! post got deleted 'fore i even saw it

Mike ~
* Earnhardt Forever *

89 Chevy K1500 - 350TBI/700R4/NP241 - 3" lift - 33's - other goodies, but not enough! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-20-2001, 10:33 PM
deepnsteeP

heh, a big trench with no protection.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-20-2001, 10:34 PM
Veteran

I think he got scared about the OSHA comment and deleted the post with pics of guys in a 23ft deep trench with nothing to shore up the walls.

1994 Z71 350, Xcab, Sportside, 285/75/16 BFG AT. Trailmaster 4" lift
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-20-2001, 10:53 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

yea i figured. my roommate is a construction management major and took a safety class last semester. they had an OSHA inspector come in to talk to them and he gave them a cd full of stuff. we looked at it and it had tons of pics and videos of accidents and its amazing how stupid some people are!! all kinds of electrocutions, scaffolding stuff, crane accidents, it was crazy!

Mike ~
* Earnhardt Forever *

89 Chevy K1500 - 350TBI/700R4/NP241 - 3" lift - 33's - other goodies, but not enough! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-21-2001, 10:00 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yeah I deleted the post because the last thing we need on that job is OSHA. I got to thinking maybe a memeber of this board could work for OSHA or report it. OSHA doesnt usually fool with the state. They can but usually dont. I guess the same reason as to why state employees hardly ever get a driving citation while in a state vehicle. I did suggest bank shoring but I am only an equipment operator and not a boss. I worked pipeline construction for 5 years so I know how it is supposed to be done and how it isnt supposed to be done. The banks were sloped back pretty well, even though the pic didnt show it ( which is perfectly legal to do and then not have to use shoring, if the slope is layed back enough ). I felt it was resonably safe or I would have refused to work in it. We finished it today with no injuries ( except we killed a bunch of hamburgers at dinner [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]). Anyway, thanks for the heads up on the post. I was just worn out from working 12 hours yesterday and didnt even think about OSHA maybe seeing the pics.

post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-22-2001, 01:31 AM
deepnsteeP

Sorry if i scared ya man. I work at a refinery as an intern for the safety manager there and I was just looking over a bunch of material that day about trenching and I seen that and figured I had better say something. I'm guess I'm not too sure about how the shoring thing works if the banks are sloped back properly. Seems like they have to be shored 18" above the vertical wall before where it starts to slope. I'm by no means an expert on the subject. Guess it'll give me something to go look up Monday at work!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode