Lifted HD's? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-20-2001, 12:34 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Lifted HD\'s?

Do any of you know where I can see some pics of lifted Chevy 2500HD's? I want to get ideas for future project.
thanks.

'82 chevy 3/4 ton
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-20-2001, 01:29 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Lifted HD\'s?

theres a guy on here with one on 35s. it is one SWEET ASS rig!!! if you do a search for "2500hd" im sure it will come up. it was a few months ago when he posted pics

Mike ~
* Earnhardt Forever *

89 Chevy K1500 - 350TBI/700R4/NP241 - 3" lift - 33's - other goodies, but not enough! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-20-2001, 03:21 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

My new HD.....

2001 Chevy Silverado 2500HD, LS, xcab, sb, 8.1, alli, 4.10's
6" RCD lift, 35x12.5x16 SuperSwamper SSR's (10 ply), 16x10 Eagle 589's

Also, check out www.trucktoys.com, they have a few lifted HD's in their scrapbook section.

Here is everything I know about lifts for the HD's:

There are 4 companies that make lifts for the 2500HD's - RCD, Superlift, Full Throttle, and California Super Trucks. Full Throttle has 6.5" and 9.5" kits. All the rest are 6".

Full Throttle is new. The kits are designed very well and should be very good. I have not heard anything long term on them. Check out fullthrottle.com. The 9.5" kits are rad and you can run 38's - bad ass!!! With the 6.5" you can run 36's with some rubbing. The kit is $2700 plus you need a new front driveshaft ($450) plus installation.

California Super Trucks has the best built lift. Strong one piece subframe. Excellent installation at their shop in San Bernadino. $3900 installed including new driveshaft. californiasupertrucks.com

Superlift is the same as older Superlifts. Pretty good, large company, you know they will be around forever if something goes wrong. $2300 plus installation plus driveshaft. Superlift.com

RCD was the first lift for the HD's. Smallish company out of San Diego. Great kit, good design, they have been very responsive to all of my questions and concerns. This is the kit that I have. I was out 4 wheeling and trashed a bracket on a rock, they replaced it free. $1800, no driveshaft needed. The kit is strong, and in my opinion designed better than Superlift. It maintains all stock steering components, you get no bump steer. rcdsuspension.com

In my opinion, the grades go like this:
Full Throttle if you have the money and want a HUGE truck.
CST if you have the money, live in SoCal, and want the best.
RCD if you want the best kit for the bucks.
And Superlift if you are a diehard Superlift fan with an extra $900 to waste.

My RCD kit rides great, looks badass, and has been very strong so far. I have been out wheeling numerous times from the sands of Glamis to the rocks of Big Bear.

One thing to keep in mind is that the HD's are a very heavy truck. This is important in getting wheels and tires, especially if you tow anything. The 9.5" kit will drop your towing capacity significantly, down to like 5k lbs. With my 6" kit, I can still safely tow about 7-8k lbs. Wheels should be rated at over 3k lbs each. Tires should be load range D or E (8 or 10 ply).

Have fun, the truck will kick ass!!!!!!!!

JDOG

"If you're gonna go, go BIG!!!!!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-20-2001, 04:54 PM
72dreamer

that's one tough looking truck man! i have yet to see a heavy duty around here in houston. maybe i'm not looking hard enough. you think you can post some pics of the rcd kit you got on it?

You only live once, but if you live it right, once is enough.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-20-2001, 05:40 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

72dreamer, have you been down to B&C Offroad in Pasadena. They have lifted some HD's with the full throttle lift. Better yet go to Stop and Go and flip through a truck trader. B&C has an add in there, or at least use too, with a HD CC with the full throttle 9.5" lift on 37" SSRs. It looks sweet.

Where in Houston are you?

RMK

post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-20-2001, 06:24 PM
72dreamer

i've been to the website but i haven't seen any new HDs pictured. i've seen the new style z71s but that's about it. i've seen the ad in auto trader (june 9 issue, page 27) and they have a small black and white photo of one which doesn't do it justice. i've gone by there a couple of times and it always looks closed. if i ever get a lift it will be from them tho. 4wheel parts is now scary to me.
you wouldn't happen to work for nasa would you? i know some project engineers around that area. i'm in clear lake right now. you?

post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-21-2001, 01:02 AM
Can't Get Enough

The latest issue of Off-Road has a crewcab 2500HD with a new RCD 6 in lift. Shows the install process too.

88 crewcab w/38's. For sale.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-21-2001, 09:40 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yeah I work at NASA. As far as B&C goes I had the same problem. Many times it was CLOSED when they said they would be open. The owner Kevin was great on some days and explained a lot to me and on other days he seemed very uninterested. I was also not impressed by some of his mechanics. I ended up going with 4WP by the dome. They were definitely the most helpful and honest. They had no reason to BS me cause they get business anyway. I had also done my research and been to Woodlands Suspension, the Shop, and B&C. Maybe I have just been lucky but the guys at 4WP, by the dome, have treated me well and taking care of my concerns.

RMK

post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-21-2001, 12:19 PM
72dreamer

what did they do for your truck? lift, body lift, or both? what did you go with and how do you like it so far?

post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-21-2001, 03:10 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I got a Rancho suspension and a performance accessories body lift installed as well as a dual steering stabilizer. They also installed 4.56 genuine gears in the front and rear and a detroit locker in the rear. So far I love it.

For more pictures check out the following link http://www.geocities.com/rkikz71

RMK

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode