RIMS CAME IN TODAY! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-19-2001, 07:58 PM
BigBlueZ71

RIMS CAME IN TODAY!

Finally, rims came in. Absolutely perfect condition. Only deal now is that the center caps are kinda weird. Anybody familiar with these things? Do I need special lug nuts? The black lug covers are threaded in the back and look like the screw onto the lug nuts.......

-Ryan S- 1994 Chevy Silverado Z-71 Two-Tone Navy/Silver, 285/75/16 BFG Mud Terrains. Custom Flowmaster Dual Exhaust. K&N system. Custom Kenwood/Rockford Fosgate system, two 12" Rockford HE subs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-19-2001, 08:03 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: RIMS CAME IN TODAY!

Glad to see you're making progress with the truck.Yes they take a special lug nut, I've got a set like that on my 2wd, but they are readily available. Let us see some pics once they get put on.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-19-2001, 08:35 PM
BigBlueZ71

Hey any idea about how much a set of 24 nuts would run me at the dealership?

-Ryan S- 1994 Chevy Silverado Z-71 Two-Tone Navy/Silver, 285/75/16 BFG Mud Terrains. Custom Flowmaster Dual Exhaust. K&N system. Custom Kenwood/Rockford Fosgate system, two 12" Rockford HE subs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-19-2001, 11:09 PM
Veteran

They are really expensive!!!! Up here in Ontario they run $4.50 a piece!!!! I have 30 of them sitting right in front of me right now[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] but they are going on mine(the exact same rims as yours) on friday when I mount my new 285BFG MT's. I guess I got a deal on both the rims and the tires. The rims brand new in the box wrapped in plastic with the caps and the lug nuts was $400Cdn($260US) and the 285 BFG MT's installed and ballanced were $201Cdn($131US) and for 4 they were a grand total of $804 or $524US.....pretty good price on a set of BFG Mudders and a brand new set of Chevy Rims huh???

Anyway...where to find your lug nuts....find a place in your area that deals with rims or even a place that buys factory take off rims and tires. There are 2 places up here by me like that and both are refered to as Van Shops...not sure why.

Good luck....Ryan

93 GMC Yukon
Chevy SuperStock 4x4 Truck Puller
Great Lakes Truck & Tractor Pulling Association
http://www.greatlakespull.com
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-19-2001, 11:14 PM
BigBlueZ71

$4.50 a piece.......tell me you're kidding, please, I need 24 of the freakin things.. hahaha

post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-19-2001, 11:21 PM
Veteran

Im not kidding....that was CDN$ so you might be looking at $3 or so a piece. Just look around for them somewhere else. They do have to be the ones with the extrnal threads. Where abouts are you anyway????Not sure how much shipping would be for them from Ontario. I can get them where I got mine for about $1 a piece

Ryan

93 GMC Yukon
Chevy SuperStock 4x4 Truck Puller
Great Lakes Truck & Tractor Pulling Association
http://www.greatlakespull.com
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-19-2001, 11:42 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

go to a junkyard - they have piles of em!! it dont matter what they look like either since the caps cover em up. i would give you mine but they got stolen with my toolbox last year [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img]. i wanna see pics though!! is the truck fixed yet??

Mike ~
* Earnhardt Forever *

89 Chevy K1500 - 350TBI/700R4/NP241 - 3" lift - 33's - other goodies, but not enough! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-19-2001, 11:43 PM
BigBlueZ71

Should have the truck by friday! of course you know shops...."it'll be ready next week" next week rolls around "next week dude, still gotta check out the steering components" oh well, I emailed the guy I bought them from to see if he'd send me the lugs for free, I think he will, i'll just have them put the rims on without those special lugs for now and leave off the caps. i can put on the other lug nuts later!

post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-19-2001, 11:46 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

cool - oh yea i just thought of something - why dont you use your old lugs? they should work fine

Mike ~
* Earnhardt Forever *

89 Chevy K1500 - 350TBI/700R4/NP241 - 3" lift - 33's - other goodies, but not enough! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-20-2001, 12:23 AM
BigBlueZ71

the new lugs are threaded, see the old style Z rim caps just pop on. the new ones screw on to each individual lug. like each black nut cover is threaded on the inside, and each lug nut is threaded on the outside.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode