I need lots of help please - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-19-2001, 04:43 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I need lots of help please

Okay here is this problem, last night my foolish freind took his jeep offroading in a forest preserve last night and got stuck in a marsh, so he calls me up and i sneek out of my house after curfue (i am 16) so anyway, i head out there and on my way to his car i ripped my oil pan open. So my question is where is the best place to find a cheap pan for a Tahoe, and should i be aware of anything else. Oh and my engine didn't lock up luckly.

Any help would be much appreciated

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-19-2001, 04:51 PM
72dreamer

Re: I need lots of help please

i'd call all the local wrecker yards if you want cheap. they're just as good as the dealers if nothings wrong with them.
how did you get back home? did all your oil drain right away?

You only live once, but if you live it right, once is enough.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-19-2001, 05:08 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hmmmm Off-roading in a forest preserve?
That's cool.
Just what the 4x4 community needs. More ammo for the greenies.
And then ya'll just stand there shaking your heads wondering why the trails are getting shut down.
I understand that you were going to help him get unstuck and all.
Ya'll better hope that the authorities don't find out.
Did ya loose all the oil on the preserve? Cause that is gonna make it even worse.
Better take a shovel and buckets with ya either way.
Ok I'm off the soap box now.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-19-2001, 05:25 PM

<font face="Comic Sans MS">Explain to your friend that if he goes off road in any sort of preserve again I'll personally shoot him. Actually no. But stress to him how important it is to stay out of such places for the good of the OHV community in general. Don't stop explaining it until he understands. If you did lose all that oil on that preserve you need to try and clean it up. If it's in water you can't do it unfortunately. If it's dirt, grab the contaminated dirt and put it in a bucket and keep it away from where water will drip in it.

Get yourself a good skidplate to protect the vulnerable components on your rig. This includes the transfer case, transmission pan, and oil pan.

Beat the snot out of your friend if he ventures into any sort of preserve or other likely restricted access area. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Pray that the EPA does not find out because you two will be in a $hit load of trouble and have to pay massive restitution, as well you should for being irresponsible... [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

I hate to sound harsh but that's now the other side is, and therefore how we must be to keep what we like... [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img]</font>

Tim "Sandman"

ORC Land Use columnist:
My May Column
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-19-2001, 09:12 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I agree with above. But the oil pan is only 29.99 in sumit, 36.95 if you want a chrome one. PN#sum-g3500x steel and sum-g3500 chromed. A junkyard will be $20 so you might as well get new. Stick to the orv areas too. Post where your at and maybe someone can tell you where to wheel at. On second thought wait a day for Sandman to cool off so he doesn't come over there. HaHa. Good luck.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-19-2001, 09:36 PM

<font face="Comic Sans MS">I actually do want to know where they're from so I can use some of the resources I have at my disposal, to hook them up with a list of acceptable places to go offroad... [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] Sandman's high tech now, so I don't bother driving or locating people anymore, I just fire a guided missile... [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] So if you could provide GPS coordinates of where your friend is located that'd work better [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] Just kidding about that last part... But make sure you build yourself some skidplates, and tell your friend to keep out of protected areas and preserves, and never 'wheel alone...</font>

Tim "Sandman"

ORC Land Use columnist:
My May Column
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-19-2001, 09:39 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Notsobigred
So what is the story....did you get your friend unstuck and then rip the oil pan. Is your friend still S.O.L. w/ his jeep stuck in the preserve?

post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-19-2001, 09:57 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Sandman, Do you really have a list of sites to wheel? I'm in FL. near orlando. I wheel on a private chunk of land near seaworld now.(with permision) It is nice because the land owner has trash cans out there and people really use them. ALso have maps of Ocala but need a winch to really go that far off the trail. Any links for new areas would be great.

"Bubba Tub" 1977 K-10 350,Th350,Np203 D60/14ff 4.56's Detroit Rear. 7" lift, 39.5/16.5 Swamper TSL's.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-19-2001, 10:03 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

frank - i was gonna ask if youve ever been down to the ocala natl forest? we should get some people together and meet down there its about halfway (an hour for both of us). anyways - every year me and some friends go camping down there a few times during the winter and its pretty sweet - i can only imagine all the trails through there. where did you get that map from?? id love to get my hands on one of them!

Mike ~
* Earnhardt Forever *

89 Chevy K1500 - 350TBI/700R4/NP241 - 3" lift - 33's - other goodies, but not enough! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-19-2001, 10:05 PM

<font face="Comic Sans MS">I don't have a list of places, but have access to quite a few people from various regions that I could ask... I'm going to poke around and see what I can find for the Orlando area... </font>

Tim "Sandman"

ORC Land Use columnist:
My May Column
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode