poll - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-19-2001, 03:07 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

poll

alright i got a poll for yall hehe i know i'm probably buggin u with my dumb posts but thats ok i have a 98 z71 if i put 3" susp and 3"body lift and 33x12.5x15ssrs would it look ok i want that amount of lift cause iwant my truck kinda big but i can't do 35s cause i'll break and i can't afford an axle right now so i was gonna do that lift and 33s and then someday in like five years upgrade my axles and go to 35s or bigger so would 33s look to small here is a link to a z71 with 6" superlift and 33x12.5 ssrs on 15x10 rims would the lift i want look about similar to that cause if so then i'm all for it hehe

one day it will all happen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-19-2001, 03:26 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: poll

no it wouldnt look bad for temporary use. theres this 95 F150 in town with 9" inches of lift with 33" tires on it. it looks rigoddamndiculous. but thats just what every ford looks like.

If it ain't tight, it ain't right.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-19-2001, 06:24 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

ok heres the link it didn't work last time or something so i'm gonna try again i found it that it has 4-6"superlift and33x12.5 ssrs but i'm wondering do ut hink that lift is cranked to 4-5-6 inches cause i want mine exactly same so i'm wonderin what size body lift to buy http://godmudders.com/bluebeigechvypickup.htm

one day it will all happen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-20-2001, 09:50 PM
Veteran

Here is a pic of my '94 with a 4" lift and 285/75/16's. (Equals 33 x 11.25 I think)
You can see that the tires are big enough to fill the wheel wells without looking small.

1994 Z71 350, Xcab, Sportside, 285/75/16 BFG AT. Trailmaster 4" lift
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-20-2001, 11:06 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

A '95 Ford w/ 9" of lift & 33's??? Talk about overkill! But then again we ARE talking about the kings of rollover, FORD!

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] '87 Chevy 1t SWB in the making!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-24-2001, 11:15 PM
98z71

Rancho's 4" kit is enough to clear the SSR that you want with the torsion bars set at factory specs. The drop brackets for the a-arms actuallly drop them by about 6 inches. The rancho kit is the most substantial that i have found. the blocks with the kit are not enough and gave it the saggy butt appearance. That can be cured by using 3/4 ton springs or zero rate add-a-leaf. Waiting on the pics of my truck to post. Love the set-up and get lots of compliments on the truck.

98 Z71
K&N F/C,4" Rancho[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img],33"SwamperSSR,Hellas
Edelbrock IAS,Hypertech,Manik Brushguard
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-24-2001, 11:27 PM
Drew K1500

Hey 98. I am contemplating a Rancho 4". I currently have a Skyjacker 3" but that 3" puts to much strain on my steering/balljoints. Did you install it yourself? I have installed a couple of IFS lifts and they are a pain. If your kit was easier to install then i might do it myself. Thanx!!

How does it feel to be beaten by a sewing machine?
HUSQVARNA WXC610
Fly Your Flag, Support our Veterans

post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-24-2001, 11:57 PM

Just a few things for you to look at:

3"body lift only with 33x12.5 tires6" suspension & 33x12.5 tires6"suspension with 35's6"suspension & 3" body with 39's I got all of these from the readers rides section but I thought I would show you an array of lifts just for the heck of it. the 6 suspension with 33x12.5's should look like your truck with a 3 3 lift.

post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-25-2001, 12:00 AM
98z71

no i did not do the install myself. i made my decision to purchase the kit after seeing an article in an issue of 4x4 Power. in the article the kit was installed at a shop in about 4 hours. I imagine that the one piece sub-frame has got to be alot easier to install. The alignment shop loved it because it retains factory style adjustment. i think if i had done it myself it would have taken about a day plus the other necessary items like the exhaust work and alignment. looking back should have done it myself instead of the hacks at the shop i took it to. One brake hose wasn't tightened completely, the heim joints that position the ladder bar/centerlink were installed incorrectly and the fact that it tool a day longer than they had told me it would.
98 Z71
K&N F/C,4" Rancho[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img],33"SwamperSSR,Hellas
Edelbrock IAS,Hypertech,Manik Brushguard
post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-25-2001, 01:01 AM
Keyboard Implanted

the guy thats owns the blue and white chevy told me thats the new racho 4" kit that comes out to 5.25

IF ITS GOT WHEELS OR A SKIRT YOU CANT AFFORD IT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode