Rear Ended & elliptical stuff - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-19-2001, 12:22 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Rear Ended & elliptical stuff

Saturday is truck night at work, alot of folks look forward to the "bubba Tub" rides. It is worth the $20 to drive 90 mile round trip at 50 mph to wheel in orlando. So i'm sittin at a red light around 2 am( snuck out to go muddin on break) I looked over and there was a woman in a leather skirt on the phone and a small ranger behind me. I had noticed the ranger only because it almost side swiped me up the road so I was keeping my eye on him. He was on the cell phone earlier. I heard a loud crunch and a small,I mean small, shimmy in my butt. Not trying to be macho about my truck but I'm telling you I thought it was an idle stumble. I looked up in the mirror but the ranger was gone. I heard a door slam so I got out. The ranger had hit me from behind and was now under the rear bumper slightly pinned. Both headlights and grill were gone. The guy was stumbling to the front and I quickly stopped him and said no damage. He actually agreed so I pulled away. He passed me no headlights and going pretty fast. Once he got a little more rural he pulled over because he couldn't see i guess. So I pulled over again and asked If he wanted me to call the cops and claimed not to have noticed all the damage to his truck. Of course law enforcement was not a good idea in his condition. He said he would call his wife for a ride. I was suprised he went as far as he did. I was hoping he would pull in sooner so he wouldn't be driving in his condition. Moral of the story? A) dont drink and drive (Duhh) B. When checking out a good looking woman press the brake firmly.

Second and more importantly, I am looking for info on a reverse elliptical 4 link spring set up. This is a leaf spring upside down with a shackle on the axle and a bump stop halfway down the spring with a 2 link bar making a Y off the top of pumpkin. Off course long shocks. I have seen only blurry pics of this set up. WOuld love a line drawing of this or any other 4 link set up. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-19-2001, 01:08 PM

Re: Rear Ended & elliptical stuff

Frank...a woman in a leather skirt....on the phone at 2am......hmmmmmmmmm [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

<font color=blue>Shorts</font color=blue> &lt;-- its not what you think...and don't ask what it is [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-19-2001, 01:20 PM
72dreamer

Frank...a woman in a leather skirt....on the phone at 2am......mmmmmmmmm.

You only live once, but if you live it right, once is enough.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-19-2001, 03:01 PM

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Cheryle

You never really learn to swear, until you learn to drive!!!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-20-2001, 12:42 AM
Mud in my Veins

In Frank's defense I would look too[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]..........but not if my fiance was in the vehicle![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

1992 Blazer Sport, 350, 4L60, Rancho 2" lift, 285/75R16 AT's, K&N, Flowmaster, MSD stuff[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-20-2001, 07:42 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Don't let the fiance stop you...my wife actually points out how women to me and says "Hey check her out!" I've trained her well...

- Rick -
98' GMC X-Cab Z-71 w/ 2" Body Lift, 33 x 12.50 BFG MT's on 15 x 8 Eagle 054 Gambler Rims, Custom exhaust & stereo.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-20-2001, 08:48 AM
72dreamer

i'm with rickmeister on that one. i got lucky (like i did with the 14bolt sf axle) and didn't have to train her. she already came that way. when she points out some honeys she says "wouldn't you like to see me with her?". i think i'm crazier about the 14bolt tho.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-20-2001, 08:59 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

72dreamer my wife says the same sort of stuff...never seems to happen though. I'm starting to think that it is cruel and unusual punishment to tempt me like that!

- Rick -
98' GMC X-Cab Z-71 w/ 2" Body Lift, 33 x 12.50 BFG MT's on 15 x 8 Eagle 054 Gambler Rims, Custom exhaust & stereo.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-20-2001, 09:24 AM
72dreamer

same here. i keep waiting and waiting.........
we're going on 3 years of her saying things like that and me getting my hopes (among other things) up.

post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-20-2001, 09:39 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

3 years...try 7 of it. We've been together for 7 years. 2 of them we've been married. Actually 2 years yesterday, since its still new I can still remember my anniversary. I've been hearing comments like that though for about 5 years now...

- Rick -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode