The unthinkable.. Subtitled: those a-holes... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2001, 09:56 PM Thread Starter

The unthinkable.. Subtitled: those a-holes...

<font face="Comic Sans MS">Well guys, the unthinkable has happened... Yup, my 6 year long flawless driving record has been marred by some a-hole cop... I've never been pulled over even once for anything nor ever suspected of everything. So today when I was accidentally doing 55 in a 45 (that was very poorly marked as a 45) I got pulled over. I was very polite to the guy. He claimed I was doing 63. He was gracious enough to write me up for 55 in a 45 but I mean 6 frickin' years of driving with no prior times of being pulled over, etc I think that deserves a warning as a first frickin' offense... That [email protected]#%d... [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img] I'm a better driver than him anyway.. To add insult to the ticket the freak pulled a U turn before he pulled me over (without his flashers on, which is a dangerous maneuver) and he did the same damn thing after he got done, plus he failed to use his turn signal... Don't these a-holes have to answer to the frickin' law themselves??? I was going to request that he give me his ticket book so I could write him up for a few moving violations, but I didn't want to get some sort of felony charges against me... [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img]</font>

Tim "Sandman"

ORC Land Use columnist:
My May Column
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2001, 10:06 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: The unthinkable.. Subtitled: those a-holes...

lol, guess your run of good luck with the law has just ended.

Ive been driveing 3 years and I couldnt count on two hands how may times Ive been pulled over, only got one ticket but It was for not haveing my proof of insurance in the vehicle, I did have the insurance though so they dropped it.

so my records still crystal clear

sorry thats gota bite 6 years

IF ITS GOT WHEELS OR A SKIRT YOU CANT AFFORD IT
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2001, 10:09 PM
Enthusiast

Post deleted by Shootist

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2001, 10:13 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

well you've gotten away with it long enough anyway, so now just make sure it doesn't stick to your record, and go peel off some rubber in front of the piggly wiggly, they always love that. and remember practice makes perfect.

Will work for mods
Current mods--&gt; 31x10.5x15 ProComp MT, 15x8 AR767 rims, K&N, MSD Ignition Coil.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2001, 10:15 PM
Can't Get Enough

Shootist. 22 Years Eh? What Rank are you? 1SG, SFC? I am only a lowly SGT, but still a 63 CMF, b that is.

88 crewcab w/38's. For sale.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2001, 10:20 PM

Sorry to hear that man! I should have been the one to receive the ticket! Yesterday I was returning from a Motorcycle trip and I got passed by some dude in a New Porsche Carrera C4, I was doing about 95 and this guy blows by me! Well being the nice sportbike rider I am, I had to play so I dropped it into 3rd and took off, in a couple of seconds I blew by him at about 130, and then just over a hill I spotted Mr. Lawman, luckily he did not radar us, and we were able to slow down in time! Well shortly after that the Porsche passes me again and takes off, and so did I! A few seconds later I blow by him at around an indicated 160 and see a rather sharp turn coming up, I took the turn at about 115, thinking the Porsche could easily take it at that well, he slowed down real quick! HA,HA I Win!! My $7000 bike kicked a $100,000 cars ass!!!

I know this has nothing to do with off roading but I did see a nice 4x4 along the way!

Disclaimer:
The above incident took place on a closed course, and performed by professional riders. Absolutely no text from this article may be used against the author in any way shape or form. Do not try this at home!

Any way thought you might enjoy this!! But I have had my share of BIG tickets before!!

1995 K1500 3"Suspension 3" Body Lifts 35x12.5x15's pro comp MT's on 15x8 Rockcrawlers 5.7L

post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2001, 10:22 PM
Can't Get Enough

The big tickets are the ones that really suck. I had a 94 in a 55 I got on my Ninja when I was 19. Lucky for me it only cost 185 bucks and no jail time/liscence suspension/bike impound or any other nasty things.

88 crewcab w/38's. For sale.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2001, 10:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

damn man, only $185 for 94mph??? when i was 17 (in my red monte carlo ss!) a highway patrolman caught me at 78 in a 55 and it cost me $188 plus going to traffic school. first time i had gotten pulled over too! luckily thats my only ticket though. i know all the cops around my town but this was over in the next town. they can be dicks sometimes though - i know a girl who got a ticket for 32 in a 30 zone!! i woulda done something to go to jail if a cop tried that with me. anyways - i too should have way more tix but ive gotten lucky. sorry bout no more perfect record tim!

Mike ~
* Earnhardt Forever *

89 Chevy K1500 - 350TBI/700R4/NP241 - 3" lift - 33's
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2001, 10:33 PM
Keyboard Implanted

chev,
what kinda bike doy you ride yamaha I hope R6 or R1, those things fly literally, I worked at yamaha shop were Id go test ride them after I did service work, and I just couldnt go with traffic the bikes wouldnt let me. the fastes Ive gone was 130 and that was just crusen through the gears, and tears running down my face and my heart pounding

IF ITS GOT WHEELS OR A SKIRT YOU CANT AFFORD IT
post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2001, 10:52 PM

That sucks man...same kinda thing happened to me last November...speed liomit was 60, but I was following a guy going 70-72 maybe. I saw a cop, slowed dow nto about 65, he pulls me over and wrote a ticket for 81...went to first appearance for it today, my court date is THIS November..Damn, Dallas is slow...spelled my name wrong though...hell the speed is wrong too, thats why I'm pleading not guilty.....anyway...

90K5

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode