SSR Radials - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2001, 04:16 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

SSR Radials

Anybody used the SSR Radials. I was looking at a set of 285 BFG ATs or MTs for my 2000 Z71, but I saw that the SSR came in a 32x11.5 R16. They are in between the 265 and the 285 in size. Just hated to get them if they were real loud or didn't wear well. I don't really nead mud tread I just like the way it looks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2001, 04:25 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: SSR Radials

I've had the BFG ATs and MTs as well as the Swamper SSRs. The SSRs are much louder than the BFGs and will give you roughly half the tread life but they're great tires performance-wise.

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]Somebody once said "Go Big" . . . Well we're goin' Full Size[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2001, 04:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

How did the AT work compared to the MTs. I don't take the Z71 off road much , I've got an 87 Blazer for that, but I hated the way the Goodyear ATs would spin in damp grass. I've been running Mud Kings but they don't come in an 285.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2001, 05:26 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i've been told if u rotate ssrs regularly and take care of them that they can last 30000 on the street i dont have proof but this is what i'm told

one day it will all happen
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2001, 05:40 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

those ATs will perform just like the goodyear ATs you mentioned. pretty much the only things theyre good for is looks and street use. i would go with the MTs - and you will get very close to the same mileage out of them as the ATs

Mike ~
* Earnhardt Forever *

89 Chevy K1500 - 350TBI/700R4/NP241 - 3" lift - 33's
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2001, 08:47 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

The ATs are great on the road but you can't expect to boldly go where no man has gone before, unless of course, you want to stay there[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] I always rotate my own tires and I rotate them often. I was probably able milk about 25k out of my SSRs and here's what they look like today.

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]Somebody once said "Go Big" . . . Well we're goin' Full Size[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 18-458081-PIC00006.jpg (96.6 KB, 0 views)
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-19-2001, 02:34 AM
SHOTGUN

Hey Jim do you know roughly how much your Yukon wieghs? I was considering getting a set of 35" SSR's or TSL Radials for my 79 3/4Ton Chevy. I had my truck weighed a short while back and it tipped the scales at 4900-something pounds(tryed to get a ticket stamped where I'd remember, but didn't have any $ and jerk wouldn't take a check[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img]). I really want the performance of Swampers in mud because we have a lot of nasty mud here in TN. I still only looking right now. I might end up getting BFG MT's because I was wanting a 35 or 36 14.50 and they just cost so damn much its amazing. So if I have to go with a 12.50 I'm going to go with BFGs. Anyways sorry to ramble lemme know about your Yukon.

"The Surgeon General Never Said Anything About Smoking a Ford"[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-19-2001, 03:55 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Alright, don't blast me here you guys[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif[/img] Not sure if I'm reading this right. On the inside of the door jamb it looks like a GVW of 6110 lbs. Sound right?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode