2-3" lift kit for z - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2001, 10:22 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

2-3\" lift kit for z

i was wondering how you stop the upper control arms you are given with the kit from rough country from hitting the front swaybar links? i the tech said the truck is supposed to sit level, and i put the 2.5 add-aleaf in the rear, and the only way the control arms won't hit is if i lower the t bars seriously, and then the truck looks like one of the new chevy's, low in front, high in back. and i did cut the link bolts like they said. anyone with any brand of this kind of lift have these problems? thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-19-2001, 11:43 PM
Mud in my Veins

Re: 2-3\" lift kit for z

Mine has extended links and longer bolts that go betweem the sway bar and the lower control arm. Longer than the stock ones, mine works fine.

1992 Blazer Sport, 350, 4L60, Rancho 2" lift, 285/75R16 AT's, K&N, Flowmaster, MSD stuff[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-21-2001, 09:24 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

SK4004. What brand of lift do you have?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-22-2001, 09:16 AM

I have this same lift on my truck, and I do not have this problem. In fact my control arms aren't even close to hitting the swaybar links! Are you certain everything is installed correctly? Perhaps you can provide a picture of the problem, and I could compare it with my truck and see if there is anything different.
check out the following article, where off road.com installed this same lift on a tahoe, maybe you will see something different.
http://www.off-road.com/chevy/projec...in/liftit.html

1995 K1500 3"Suspension 3" Body Lifts 35x12.5x15's pro comp MT's on 15x8 Rockcrawlers 5.7L

post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-22-2001, 04:26 PM
whitetail204

Hey, look on the Chevy/gmc home page.Ther is a step by step article on the 2-3 Rough country lift on a Tahoe.It's called "TAKING IT UP A LITTEL " or something like that.It tells all the problems they had with the install.And some parts they had to re-engineer.If you're installing this kit yourself you really need to check it out.Ive copied it and attached it to this reply(I think)

Attached Files
File Type: htm 18-461935-liftit.htm (26.9 KB, 4 views)
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-23-2001, 10:29 PM
Drew K1500

I actually cut my sway bar connects down to about 3.5 inches. There is more than enough space after you do that. I have the Skyjacker 3" kit and had the same problem.

How does it feel to be beaten by a sewing machine?
HUSQVARNA WXC610
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode