Lift Time!!!!!!! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2001, 01:54 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Lift Time!!!!!!!

Greetings Fellow 4X4'rs.....
I have here a fully stock 1997 Chevy K1500.....
I have purchased the pretty good package from 4wheel Offroad... [offs] 6" Procomp [procotols] Suspension lift/ 35" procomp [procotols] m/t [mu] tires mounted on weld rims. Along with this figured what the hell since I was spending $3k on it, also got the AirRaid [airs] intake [intangible] system.... To be complemented with a Flowmaster [flown] system within a week of the lift, just want to wait and see if rear exit pipes will give it that awesome finish or side exit will suffice. Because the rear tips would have to me monstrous just well, because. My question is this, it;s my first lift. All the parts are coming it at like $3k and I have a great shop here that will do the work, and I just have to bring the stuff over there when it gets here on Thursday. We have not discussed price for the install, as he just said to bring the parts by and then we'd talk. I would really appreciate a few quotes or guesses that y'all [Yagi] can throw my way here. I totally understand that it varies because of all kinds of probs [procaine] he might run into, needing a new this, getting this done etc [etch] etc... [etch] But what should I be expecting to pay here? I figure I have the huge expense out of the way in the parts, but really looking for a heads up on the install charge. I live in RI [rib] btw, [bubble] and there is like the only one shop here that does it, so that'll [that's] obviously figure into a bit more cash. But, I look forward to your response, and will HAPPILY enter pictures of the truck to the site as soon as everything gets done. Thanks so much in advance!!!
Ian

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2001, 03:02 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Lift Time!!!!!!!

You should probably expect something in the 1k range for the install. That seems to be about the going price around here. I'm looking forward to seeing the pics when it's all done.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2001, 03:03 AM

howdy.... an install on the lift will probably go on the high side between $500 - $800.

definitely post some pics when its done! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

<font color=blue>Shorts</font color=blue> &lt;-- its not what you think...and don't ask what it is [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2001, 03:13 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks!
That's what I was thinking pretty much myself high end $800+
I just did not want to walk into the place swagger on up to the counter, have some guy take me for "oh this guy wants a truck that will look nice and pretty and pay me anything I ask". I had a look back at some comments on 4wp company and holy crapola. I am now praying that it is right on delivery, and kicking myself for not posting here |BEFORE I ordered the damn thing! Eh, what are ya gonna do now? There is some great trail in this area, well about hour away, that is going to waste because people here do not get the off-road experience. I spent 4 years in Louisiana and just grew to LOVE it, the whole thing. The Weekend off-road, mudding, whatever. Grab the boys and go out and enjoy. I have plenty of friends that when they see the truck, they'll join up right away. BTW, there is an AWESOME set-up for exhaust that I'll do myself but not too sure what I'm looking for. Going to do the Flowmaster exhaust, but really want the straight back double pipes. This is a VERY common set-up in TX/LA but I'm not sure what the exact size is. It's just those extended chrome tips. They are impressive in both viewing and sound/not to mention that they add more rear area for exhaust thus bringing down a bit the back pressure from the flowmaster. Any thoughts on the tips? I believe, and prolly wrong, that they are 3" for best results. Prolly 2.5" but dunno. hanks for the responses! Great to find a board where we're all on the same page, literally!
Ian

post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2001, 07:31 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Down the coast a bit here in Maryland a friend just got the same lift put on with 35's for $700 and that is with mounting and balancing his tires and wheels as well. Also throw some nice 3.5" tips out the back with 2 1/4 - 2 1/2" pipes, always looks nice and seems to work well.

- Rick -
98' GMC X-Cab Z-71 w/ 2" Body Lift, 33 x 12.50 BFG MT's on 15 x 8 Eagle 054 Gambler Rims, Custom Alpine/JL Audio System w/ two 10" W6 subs.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2001, 09:33 AM
Can't Get Enough

The shops around here used to do it for $600 and that includes the exhaust mods for the front driveshaft and getting an alignment.

Laters, Ryan

post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2001, 10:54 AM

I know the exhaust your talking aobut, it does look awesome. I think they are usually 3" tips. I have seen bigger ones and they look bad IMHO.

90K5

post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2001, 03:44 PM

Here in Phoenix AZ, [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] to install IFS lifts is $600.00 to $700.00 that includes the exhaust loop, and the alignment.
But there is a LOT of competition here. Desert Rat, Fly n Hi, 4 wheeler supply, etc, etc....

Be sure to take some BEFORE and AFTER pics!!![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] the transformation makes GREAT pics

Scooby Dooby Doo !!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode