axles? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-17-2001, 09:59 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

axles?

Hey i have a 96 z71 with a ten bolt and i was wondering could it handle 4:10 gears and 35 inch ssrs i would never do to extreme of offroad maximum half way up tire in mud but some guy told me my 10 bolt wouldn't even handle 33 inch ssrs on street so is it true that it wouldn't handle 35s is there any really cheap way to fix this if true or would i be ok with ten bolt thanks

one day it will all happen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-17-2001, 10:07 PM
Veteran

Re: axles?

Do a search on this...I replyed to a post just like this a week ago and I must have replied to 200 others[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] like it in the past!!!!!!!

good luck..Ryan

93 GMC Yukon
Chevy SuperStock 4x4 Truck Puller
Great Lakes Truck & Tractor Pulling Association
http://www.greatlakespull.com
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2001, 03:08 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Mine has handled 35"-12.5"-15" BFG ATs w/3.42s, 33"14.5"-15" SSRs w/ 3.42s and 4.56s and is now handling 35"-12.5"-15" BFG MTs w/ 4.56s(knocking on wood)[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]Somebody once said "Go Big" . . . Well we're goin' Full Size[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2001, 04:01 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

well, just for the record - i sat in the chat room for about 2 hours arguing with this kid about it. he kept pointing to the ridiculous trailer queens on truckworld.com that have 38-44 boggers running IFS and stock 10 bolt with 3.73 gears. i told him it was really dumb and that he could probably get away with it for a little while but eventually, it would grenade and that if hes going to spend $4000+ on lift and tires and rims and all that good stuff, why not invest a couple hundred and put in a 14sf and not have to worry!! i told him its not impossible and that people like gmcjim are doing it, but there are a lot of people like ryanb and thekid who have had em explode. my philosophy is better safe than sorry. i also tried to explain that there is a difference in running 35 bfgs and 35swampers. he wants swampers and they are much heavier (but he told me BFGs are heavier than swampers). anyways - guess some people just want the looks without functionality. btw - if yall want a good laugh, go visit truckworld.com and look at the "offroad" machines over there

Mike ~
* Earnhardt Forever *

89 Chevy K1500 - 350TBI/700R4/NP241 - 3" lift - 33's
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2001, 05:17 PM

I got this pic off that site[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] and no I did not doctor it up.

Scooby Dooby Doo !!!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2001, 05:23 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

boy dont sas me lol i'm just gettin second opinions thats all i believe u lol

one day it will all happen
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2001, 08:50 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif[/img]OH MY GOD!!![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif[/img]

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]Somebody once said "Go Big" . . . Well we're goin' Full Size[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2001, 09:13 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Good LORD! I think he needs a body lift... [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Makes you wonder what gets in these peoples heads!

Shawn
87 K5
few mods

post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2001, 09:52 PM
Can't Get Enough

If I put stock tires on my truck it sits like that.

88 crewcab w/38's. For sale.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-20-2001, 12:05 AM
Mud in my Veins

I visit Truckworld fairly often, but I try to stay out of the stupid arguments and the "how can I fit 38"+ tires on my Z71" posts. I try to stear people in the right direction there, because half of the people on their are posers and inexperienced with real offroading. So they are giving advice to these new guys who know very little about their trucks, just that they want them to be big. There are a few people on there that I wish would come over here. u2slow for one. Good guy, has a 1991 CrewCab 1 ton with a bobbed bed and a big @ss winch on the front. Anyways, not all of us over there, me and The Kid come to mind, are idiots who drive poser mobiles.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

1992 Blazer Sport, 350, 4L60, Rancho 2" lift, 285/75R16 AT's, K&N, Flowmaster, MSD stuff[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode