chevy 350 crate engine - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-17-2001, 05:53 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

chevy 350 crate engine

where is some websites where i could look at crate engines online? im hopefully looking for the lo ng block 350 with most of the stuff on it already.. and how much would these cost?? thanks

If it ain't tight, it ain't right.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-17-2001, 06:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: chevy 350 crate engine

http://www.sdpc2000.com i think the one youre talking about is right around $2k

Mike ~
* Earnhardt Forever *

89 Chevy K1500 - 350TBI/700R4/NP241 - 3" lift - 33's
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-17-2001, 07:04 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

alrite thanks. im just checkin out how much a crate motor would cost cuz theres this 1990 chevy 4x4 sport that im lookin at that has 150,000+ miles on it and i might buy it for 4 grand and it has a 4" lift, 2" body, 35" BFGs, bitchen stereo, 700 R4 tranny, chip, and some other stuff. and i just wanted to see how much id end up dumping into the truck to make it last my drive down south. i drove it yesterday and it feels really good i was surprised for it having 150,000+ miles on it

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-17-2001, 07:08 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

hell, mines an 89 with 160k and ive got plenty of power and dont burn a drop of oil! im thinking i will rebuild it next summer b/c im taking a few months off after i graduate college and want a project to do but it doesnt need it. i wish i knew what kinda power this thing had new cause i can light up the tires now

Mike ~
* Earnhardt Forever *

post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-17-2001, 07:12 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

really? yeah the one i rode it drove really nice, it makes some engine noises though, im not sure what they were it sounded like his fan was bent and knicking against something and it just squeeks and all this little stuff. it had really good power i was surprised. would it be better to just buy a new engine or to a rebuild? which would be cheaper or better? when i get it im probally gonna figure out what i wanna do with the engine, get the tranny rebuilt, front and rear end rebuilt, repaint it, and put some offroad lights on it and just go offroadin!

post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-17-2001, 07:17 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

as long as nothing is really hurt, i would say rebuild is the way to go. for around $500 you can completely rebuild it and throw in a few upgrades (ie: better injectors, intake, cam, etc...). companys make a lot of stuff that you can put on a TBI motor and work with the stock computer so you dont have to worry about messing it up. eldebrock makes a performer intake for TBI, http://www.turbocity.com makes a lot of TBI stuff, and crane makes a TBI friendly cam. i think you can get more power for less money out of a rebuild. thats the route im planning on going.

Mike ~
* Earnhardt Forever *

post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-17-2001, 07:20 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

alrite thanks alot. ill check into it and maybe buy this truck. im sure ill need h elp with the rebuild im not to familiar with the newer chevy engines. im used to carbuerated old peices of [censored]. if i got another question about it ill get back to ya. thanks bro

post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-17-2001, 07:23 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

how much of a chore is it to rebuild an engine?

post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-17-2001, 08:23 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Try summitracing.com

BLOOD,SWEAT AND GEARS!
post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-17-2001, 10:11 PM
deepnsteeP

I bought one of those crate engines for my truck last fall. Cost, around $1300 without a core charge I think (can't remember right now). In my opinion, rebuild it yourself or get someone to do it. That's the way I'll do it next time. I just don't think she's got enough power for what I want.

If it hurts, soak it in cider!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode