3'' body lift question - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-17-2001, 10:11 AM Thread Starter
Old Hand

3\'\' body lift question

I am putting on a 3'' body lift tomorrow what does anyone recommend for lifting my body, such as a jack?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 18-456714-Z71-13.jpg (34.0 KB, 1 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-17-2001, 12:06 PM
whitetail204

Re: 3\'\' body lift question

Get some help mainly to help align the front bumper when you put it back on. also use some blocks of wood when jacking the body ,be careful where you place the jack on the body so you dont bend anything.you may want to get the rear bumper relocating brackets they look a hell of alot better than sheet metal where the gap will be .I just raised my bumper this week and it looks so much better.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-17-2001, 07:01 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

yea, just get a section of 4x4 wood about as long as your cab and place it under the rockers, then use a jack to lift it. also - the directions say to not do 1 side at a time, they say do it front to back, but each side is much easier and it wont hurt, thats how i did it. also - watch under the hood as you jack up the truck b/c there are some wires and stuff clipped to the frame you might have to loosen or else it will pull a wire loose on ya. over all its really easy though

Mike ~
* Earnhardt Forever *

89 Chevy K1500 - 350TBI/700R4/NP241 - 3" lift - 33's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2001, 07:50 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Rather Easy install. Some folks remove the tires to do it. I've done it both ways, no preference one way or the other. Definitely have a couple people to help with the front bumper realignment because it can be a pain with 2 guys...trust me, mine is still a little off. I found that while doing the 1st side, leave the other side loosened but not unbolted. If you drop the bolts on both sides the whole thing can shift when lifting. A buddy of mine dropped all the bed bolts and went lifting on the bed and it slid over. It was a slight pain to get it all lined back up! I also found it easier to cut the rubber hose line right in the middle and not with the bend like my instructions said. The middle just gave a little better room to get your extension in and have room for your hands to work.

- Rick -
98' GMC X-Cab Z-71 w/ 2" Body Lift, 33 x 12.50 BFG MT's on 15 x 8 Eagle 054 Gambler Rims, Custom Alpine/JL Audio System w/ two 10" W6 subs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode