Off Roading Forums banner

Does my 2500 have 3/4 ton T-bars

408 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  The_Kid 
#1 ·
Ive found a salvage yard that has a 3/4 ton chevy. Im going to take the rear leaf springs that are on it, it must have a towing or camper package cause it has the overloads.
My question is what T -BARS does my truck hace on it, its the 6lug 2500. would it have the 1/2 ton bars or the 3/4 tons, if its got the 1/2 bars then Ill also take the bars off the wrecked truck.

Thanks
The Kid

It never fails, when Im turning wrenches on my truck and something can go wrong, it usaully does

#2 ·
Take the bars off the wrecked truck, assuming it is an 8 lug 2500.
298GMC's dad

A Man a Dog and a Pickup it's a wondurful thing(sometimes)/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

#3 ·
But how can I tell if mine already has 3/4 ton bars? I dont want to get the ones off the recked truck and then find out mine are the same, ya its an 8 lug.
Im also wondering wether I can put the front end off it onto mine without major problems, because Im thinking about takening the 14b ff off and trading him my 14 sf, but then Id have 8 lug rear with 6lug front, thats why Im wondering about the front end.

Thanks
The Kid

It never fails, when Im turning wrenches on my truck and something can go wrong, it usaully does

#4 ·
They have different bars. The 2500LD bars (yours) have a lower rating than the 2500 bars(that one's). Grab them.

If you are going to grab that 14FF, I'd say forget about the 8 lug IFS. It's kinda a pain from what I hear, not to mention for about the same amount of work and fabricating, I'm sure you could put in a 10 bolt, D44, or D60 up front.

1992 Blazer Sport, 350 TBI, 3" Flowmaster 40 DF, 4L60, K&N, Rancho 2.5" lift, 285/75R16's on 16x8 Bajas /wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif

#5 ·
Actually I was just getting some info on swapping the IFS to a solid axle, doesnt seem to bad and looks like it can be done with a complete bolt on kit, but I imagine there must be some kind of fabbing to go along with it.

Its got me thinkn, but I need to quit thinkn and come up wiht some money to do it

Thanks for the info, & advice

G
#6 ·
This is a difficult question. If you take a look at your T-bars they should have a sticker on them. There is a number on them that will give you a code as to the rating of the bars. I am not quite sure what the ratings are. For example, i have a 1/2ton with the W/T package. After installing a lift i decided to go with a stiffer t-bar. I had an old friend who ran a shop at the local GM dealer and i had him check prices for me. After giving him the numbers off of my old t-bars he informed me that i had my truck came with the 2nd stiffest bars that came on GMs. Apparently there are quite a few different rates that GM has so if you have the stickers then that might help you.

How does it feel to be beaten by a sewing machine?
HUSQVARNA WXC610

#7 ·
Drew,
I think there is a sticker on them, Ill check them out and see what the dealer has to say

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.