'73 Blazer - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-21-2001, 12:29 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

\'73 Blazer

How much do you guys think I should pay for a '73 Blazer? It has the stock 350, rebuilt transfer case, headers, TH350 Tranny, NP205 Transfer case(I think), Dana 44 front, 12 bolt rear. Everything is stock and in good condition. It runs great. The asking price is $3500. This seemed a bit high to me. Any thoughts?

PS. It's sitting in my driveway waiting to be bought.

Chad

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-21-2001, 01:32 AM
FWP

Re: \'73 Blazer

Money wise, Depends. How's the body?? interior?? tires?? even if good, keep looking, unless that's the truck you have to have. People try to get what they put into a vehicle [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img], never happens....[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img], you pay more than 1500 for an old stock truck, it's too much, if you ask me. (unless they only made 1000 of em, ie. Chalet)

http://fwp4x4.coloradok5.com
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-21-2001, 10:24 AM
Can't Get Enough

That is not a bad starting price. Of course try and talk hi down, but you have to look at it like this. The 1973-1975 Blazers were full convertibles. Those are not real easy to find in this area. I say this area cause I am in Dallas and your in Edmond sorta the same area. I don't see many of the 73-75 Blazers in that good of shape. Most of them are just rust buckets. Now if you were up in the Northwest I think that you could find more of them. Seems everytime I search www.traderonline.com for the 73-75 Blazers there are a lot of them for sell in Oregon, Washington, and even California. So check out www.traderonline.com and compare the prices. Also what will you have to do to the truck when you get it? Anything in so bad of shape that it has to be replaced right away? If so that should drive the price down.

Laters, Ryan

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-21-2001, 04:36 PM
FWP

I dunno man, I got my 75 for 900 bucks[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img], maybe I was just lucky[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-21-2001, 04:39 PM
FWP

Oh, FYI, it's probably a 203, sitting behind that TH350.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-21-2001, 05:05 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Just so you know traderonline isn't very good at keeping everything up to date,Personally I think the website sucks. I should know I work for them.

www.Kansasfourwheeling.8m.com
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-22-2001, 12:22 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I f the body has minimal rust then thats a good deal,,,,,at least in my opinion. But you gotta think . Here where I live those go for anywhere between $4k and $7k. They're a wanted truck here. Same goes for the 2wd shortbeds. Everyone here beefs those up, lowers them just a few inches to take the corners or what not.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-23-2001, 12:59 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i would have to agree with gmc350 thats about the going price for a good condition blazer in wash state if you can find one .there out there but alot of owners dont want to give them up because of the full removable top ive owned mine for 2 years and im pretty impressed with it but i had to do alot of work to make it a daily driver you got lucky.to find one thats already there. id go for it

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode