Alignment coil ?? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-16-2000, 11:55 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Alignment coil ??

Hey all, this my first post but been reading this bbs for over a year and you all seem really cool so I thought I would come to the experts for advice!!! I have a '89 fullsize V-8 2wd (yes 2wd) anyhoo...I just put new BFG's 31x10.50's on and cant decide whether or not to put a 2 in. body lift....local 4wd shop wanted $575 to do it and said it might need an alignment coil when done...i dont even know what this is???!!! is he bs'in me or does a 2wd require an "alingment coil" ??? One more question....would a 2wd with 31's look cheesy with a 2inch body lift??? sorry bout the long post but like most, i'm still tryin to learn!!! thanx for any input guys!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-17-2000, 12:55 AM
Mud in my Veins

Re: Alignment coil ??

The guy is BSing you to the extreme man. I have no idea what an alignment coil is. Not to mention, for that much money, you could get a Fabtech lift for your 2wd and do it right. Tell him where to shove it and find someone else.

1992 Blazer Sport, 350 TBI, Gibson 3" cat back[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img], 4L60, K&N, Rancho 3" lift[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img], 285/75R16's on 16x8 Bajas [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-17-2000, 02:44 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey,

I have actually been thinking about going the two wheel drive route myself next time. But anyways I would go with fabtech's 3" spindles. This would give you enough room for the 31's, level the truck and I think you still use your stock coils and steering components. All you would need is maybe and alignment, if that even.

I just checked and fabtech is offering $75 off the spindles till the end of the year. Plus replacing the spindle is something you should be able to do yourself probably.

Here is the site.

http://www.fabtechmotorsports.com/Rebate/Rebate_pg.html

'96 CHEVY 3/4ton, 5.7, 7" Superlift, 4.10's
88.5 Samurai Just getting started
http://www.topcities.com/sports/lziffle73
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-17-2000, 03:10 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Actually check out fabtetch's 3" basic system. Ball joint spacers and new coils to clear your 31's easily, up to 32's. You can get it from National Tire and Wheel for under $365.

'96 CHEVY 3/4ton, 5.7, 7" Superlift, 4.10's
88.5 Samurai Just getting started
http://www.topcities.com/sports/lziffle73
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-17-2000, 08:53 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanx for the info. guys, i appreciate it!! i kinda new that b*stard was tryin to sell me snake oil, or in this case an alingment coil. As long as i've been reading this board i've never heard anyone mention anything like that before!! i really hate to ask the same question again but would 31X10.50's look to small on a fullsize with a couple inches of lift?? i just paid almost $500 for them and i cant get rid of them so soon!!! thanks again!!!

post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-19-2000, 01:24 AM
Mud in my Veins

With the 3" Fabtech lift 31's will look fine. 32's will give it a more beefy/wide stance, but don't worry, little kids won't be laughing and pointing. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

1992 Blazer Sport, 350 TBI, Flowmaster 40 DF 3", 4L60, K&N, Rancho 3" lift[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img], 285/75R16's on 16x8 Bajas [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode