!@#%*$# Transfer Case - Page 2 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of (permalink) Old 10-18-2000, 02:43 PM Thread Starter

Re: [email protected]#%*$# Transfer Case

This is unfriggenbelievable!!!! It's not the linkage[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img]!!! Could it be that the kit is messed up in the new transfer case??? We're going to take the kit out of my old one (since I know that the 2wd worked fine) and put it in the new one. I was told that this could be done without having to pull the case again. If that case has to come out again, I don't think I'll be able to stand it[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]!!! Maybe I should take up quilting[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]?

Cheryle

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif[/img]weehaa!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of (permalink) Old 10-18-2000, 07:48 PM

Damn Cheryle, what the heck did you do to piss off the transfer case gods? Well, between the 3 broken cases you have, I would imagine that you should be able to make a whole working one. I don't know if you have to pull the case to swap the part time kit though. Sorry, this post really wasn't much help...

<font color=green>Evan</font color=green>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

post #13 of (permalink) Old 10-18-2000, 11:21 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have the NP203 transfer case with the part time mod...I'm having trouble getting it into 4WD. I am going to try to adjust the linkage....hoping that is what the problem is. Any help on this matter would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of (permalink) Old 10-19-2000, 02:09 AM
Mud in my Veins

Okay, not to sound rude or anything here, but why not just get a 205, 208 or 241? They're all superior transfer cases? Just a suggestion......

1992 Blazer Sport, 350 TBI, Flowmaster 40 DF 3", 4L60, K&N, Rancho 3" lift[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img], 285/75R16's on 16x8 Bajas [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
post #15 of (permalink) Old 10-19-2000, 09:32 AM
TEX

<font color=purple>Man, I would have said linkage too, but maybe it has something to do with that kit. Hope you can figure it out [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]. On a side note, ya still likin' those STT's??</font color=purple>

TEX

http://sites.netscape.net/gumboracing

post #16 of (permalink) Old 10-19-2000, 12:14 PM Thread Starter

Hey AJM, I don't think that's being rude at all, makes perfect sense. When the first case went south, for over a month I searched hi and lo for a 205 and there were NONE to be found anywhere! We threw the 203 in the night before a Pismo trip! I located a 205 a couple of days ago, but the guy wants $1,000 for the case and installation! I'm almost thinkin' it might be worth it if this doesn't work out[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img].

Yes, Tex, I'm still enjoying the STTs.... I'll enjoy them a heck of a lot more, when/if I ever get my stupid (strike that[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]), I mean beautiful, wonderful truck on the road again[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Cheryle

post #17 of (permalink) Old 10-19-2000, 02:36 PM
Mud in my Veins

Have you checked the junkyards? I bet your buddy would "love" to crawl under some old Chevys and take one off for you.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Not to mention junk yards are usually dirt cheap.

1992 Blazer Sport, 350 TBI, Flowmaster 40 DF 3", 4L60, K&N, Rancho 3" lift[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img], 285/75R16's on 16x8 Bajas [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
post #18 of (permalink) Old 10-19-2000, 03:08 PM Thread Starter

Unfortunately, the 205 is a rare bird in these parts -- the only place I've been able to find them are through private parties and they usually want some exhorbitant amount of cash for one. Who knows, I just might get that desperate.

As far as my friend goes, I think he's about ready to push my truck off a cliff![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Cheryle

post #19 of (permalink) Old 10-19-2000, 03:48 PM
Veteran

$1000 for a np205!?! $1000!!?!For that amount of cash you could by a donor vehicle and get spare axles, driveshafts, windshield, bumpers, another np203[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]. Just throw your friend another pair of motorcycle pants every now and then[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Andreas

If a Blazer runs smooth, it isnīt really a Blazer[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
post #20 of (permalink) Old 10-20-2000, 09:56 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Did you convert that case to part time or did you asume it was part time already when you got it? Have somebody put it in gear and hold the brakes while somebody looks to see if the front driveshaft is turning while sitting still with it in gear when it won't move. If the front shaft is spinning you got a case thats still full time....lock the hubs and drive.
If it's deffenatly converted then 1 of 2 things is out of adjustment or it has a gummed up shifter thats not holding the detnet and needs to be cleaned.

Grim-Reaper
http://www.grimsk5s.coloradok5.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode