Yokohama Geolander M/T's? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-16-2000, 01:23 AM Thread Starter
Mud in my Veins

Yokohama Geolander M/T\'s?

Anyone have any experiences with these? I'm interested in a set of 35's for my truck after I do the solid axle swap and lift. I'm impressed with the reviews of them, and their nice price. I'd just like to hear any real world experiences I can. Thanks.

1992 Blazer Sport, 350 TBI, Gibson 3" cat back[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img], 4L60, K&N, Rancho 3" lift[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img], 285/75R16's on 16x8 Bajas [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-16-2000, 11:49 AM

Re: Yokohama Geolander M/T\'s?

I've got the 31's on my Jeep. They give better traction than any other radial tire I've run in the 15 years I've been wheeling. They do wear a little fast though, it's the price you pay for the traction. I expect to pull about 25K out out of them on the Jeep, so a little less on a heavier rig.

John
95.5 YJ with "stuff"
94 GMC Z71 without "stuff"
http://SonsofThunder4x4.com
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-16-2000, 12:22 PM
TEX

<font color=purple>John pretty much sums up what I know about these - all second hand, so take that for what it's worth. Pretty much everyone I've heard who had them, loved 'em, but didn't get many miles out of them. Depending on how many miles you drive in a year, that may or may not be a concern.</font color=purple>

TEX

http://sites.netscape.net/gumboracing

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-16-2000, 09:15 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I run 35's on my CJ. They seem to work well on everything except Moab slickrock, or maybe its my Jeep that dosen't work well on Moab slickrock. I have had them for a year, and I really don't have very many miles on them, but it looks like I might only get another year of wheeling on them. I think Moab took a large chunk of tire life. I think the sidewalls are somewhat on the weak side, as I have a minor leak in one of mine. They work great in deep snow and sand, and also seem to work with a lot of horsepower. I am, for the most part, happy with them, but tire wear seems a little exsessive, and I want to try some regular Swampers, 38 inch or larger, when I wear these out.

Thanks, Ray

post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-16-2000, 09:26 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

aj... like i keep telling every one.. i love them... they are better than the claw in every aspect except the sidewalls/side biters..

WARNING: DRIVER HAS ATLEAST $50 WORTH OF AMUNITION!

-83 'yoda (soon to have a 4.3v6) 5.29, dual arb's, dual stock tcase, wagoneer springs, 35" sx's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode