NEED HELP - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-15-2000, 06:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

NEED HELP

guys quick question. I have the oppurtunity to buy a 74 GMC Jimmy for 1200.00 On the backside od the top, it has the full removable top, there are two lines going diagonally across, on both sides, about halfway up, are these cracks? The top looks to be in good condition and it is rust free. It needs a tailgate, and a tailgate handle, some metal patching on the drivers side, it has a 350, auto, NP203 full time, Air, All stock, with 265/blah bald goodyears. That isn't important, but are those top lines cracks, or what? they are kinda choppy looking or i dunno, it was dark on the way over there. The top has bled i guess because the truck is hgger orange, with a white top, and there are white streaks on it. thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-15-2000, 06:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: NEED HELP

also, on the aforementioned truck, i went to ck5.com and looked at the specs and it has the 350 with the TH350 and it says it would have the NP205 with the auto tranny. does the back of the NP203 look anything like the back of the NP205? did they make a full time NP205? i could've swore it had a 2WD labeled on the T case shifter inside.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-15-2000, 07:35 PM

I think from 73-79 all autos had the NP203 and all manuals had the NP205. I think in 74 they might have offered the 203 with a manual, but they tore up the 203s so they went to 205s for all manuals. Things could have been swapped ou tin the last 25 years though. the best way to find out is to look for the circular tag on it that says what it is.

90K5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-15-2000, 08:24 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i would have, but it is too greasy and muddy for that.
also, i counted 10 bolts in the rear and 10 in the front i think. ck5 says those specs aren't for Jimmys though. Anyone know of a good site to find specs for a Jimmy?

post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-15-2000, 08:51 PM

Should be a Dana 44 front and a 12 bolt rear. Blazers and Jimmys are the same.

90K5
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-16-2000, 06:36 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

thanks guys. I bought it earlier today. i had to have it, always wanted a blazer with a fuly removable top. My friend has a 75 Ramcharger and a 77 Blazer. When he takes the top off of the Ramcharger, it comes off at the top of the windshield, he still has the doors sticking up and it looks goofy. IMO it does. But i like how the blazer has the door post cut back, looks good. I drove it around after putting a starter and battery in it, and it smokes bad, needs rings. So i may build the engine or get the one my dad has sittin around. I took the top off and rode around on my trucks tag. LOL, i was embarassed with all that smoke. I put it on the overhead rack and looked at the t-case. NP203. TH350, 350, I am thinking of selling my truck, two 4 wheel drives, two shackle flips, two of everything. Or better yet, sell the truck and put the 454 in it. I dont know. Well, anyone know of a good console company? I want to put one that will fit nicely betwen the front bucket seats. Thanks for all of your replies.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode