Dual pipes for 85 suburban - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-15-2000, 03:06 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Dual pipes for 85 suburban

Does anyone know of a mailorder company that makes an exhaust for my year suburban, or at least the pipes to clear the t-case crossmember?
My parts guy tells me he can only get Dynomax for my application. I had thier exhaust on my camaro once (yuk!)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-16-2000, 12:27 AM
Mud in my Veins

Re: Dual pipes for 85 suburban

Sounds to me like someone is just being lazy. You should be able to find a good exhaust shop in your area that can make you a dual exhaust with Flowmasters (the vast majority of the board's favorite mufflers) that does exactly what you want. Make sure to get an H-pipe or a crossover, some high flow catalytic convertors (to keep it legal), and to have them use mandrel bends. Hope this helps.

1992 Blazer Sport, 350 TBI, Gibson 3" cat back[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img], 4L60, K&N, Rancho 3" lift[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img], 285/75R16's on 16x8 Bajas [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-16-2000, 11:24 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

What's the cross over/H-pipe do for you that a set of true duals (headers -> out the back) won't accomplish? I've got fresh 2.5" custom duals on my truck with Flowmasters, no cross over.

<font color=red>TOO MUCH POWER</font color=red> isn't enough.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-16-2000, 12:18 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

A cross over pipe allows all eight cylinders to scavange exhaust more efficiently, even when compaired to dual exhaust. I think that one of the four wheeler mags just did a story on it.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-16-2000, 02:11 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Your right, I just got to get off my posterior and get to the exhaust shop. Thier was a guy in my area that bent a killer stainless exhaust on my brothers Bronco for $300. He went out of business though, probably because his prices were too low.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-16-2000, 08:17 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

PAW has 2 1/4 sets for aaround 130.00 look in the back of mag. Heres PH# just in case 818-998-6000 hooker makes them. there mandrel bent. had them on my 74. lasted about 6 years. good luck

If it has tits or tires it will give you trouble.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-17-2000, 11:49 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanx,
This may sound like a dumb question, but what does PAW stand for so I can find it at the news stand?
The only mag I get is Petersons 4WD

post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-17-2000, 01:17 PM
Mud in my Veins

You can't buy the catalauge on the news stands, but they are in 4Wheel and Offroad I believe. A two page spread with all kinds of motor rebuild stuff on it. If not, try Four Wheeler, and I know that they are in Hot Rod for sure. Hope this helps.

1992 Blazer Sport, 350 TBI, Gibson 3" cat back[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img], 4L60, K&N, Rancho 3" lift[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img], 285/75R16's on 16x8 Bajas [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode