Re: Smog Legal Engine
This is my plan in one year (after I graduate from college).
1. Build a stroker. 33 cubes is nice for horsepower.
2. Use the Edelbrock multiport conversion manifold.
3. Install a relatively radical CompuCam.
4. Use aluminum heads: Edelbrock and TrickFlow make smog legal heads.
5. Smog legal headers like Mesa, JB, of the such.
6. Custom computer chip from Fastchip to take advantage of the new add-ins.
I will keep the computer control since it allows for ideal AFR, no matter altitude, air density, temperature.
As you can see, I haven't worked out any specific details since I won't have money for a while, but this is the general path I plan on following.
'89 K1500 350/700r4