K&N Filtercharger - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-08-2000, 12:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

K&N Filtercharger

I see ads for K&N Filtercharger, and other brands, they always fit '88 & newer Chevy trucks. Will one of these fit a '87, since it has basicly the same TBI as a '88?

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] '87 Chevy 1/2t SWB in the making!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-08-2000, 06:33 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: K&N Filtercharger

Just measure the size of your current filter and find the closest K&N to match. I think mine is number 1400 or 1500 and it fits in the stock air cleaner set-up.

Nich Kenny
'89 K1500 350/700r4
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-08-2000, 10:07 PM
Mud in my Veins

If you are talking about just the drop in OEM filter replacement, just go to the local parts place, and order a K&N there. I got my current one at the local Kragen, they had a big K&N catalauge, had about every vehicle/motor application imagineable. Hope this helps.

1992 Blazer Sport, 350 TBI, Gibson 3" cat back, 4L60, K&N, Rancho 3" lift, 285/75R16's on 16x8 Bajas [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2000, 12:27 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I'm refering to the setup where you replace the whole air cleaner system, with their tube & air cleaner

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] '87 Chevy 1/2t SWB in the making!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2000, 02:29 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

K&N doesn't make those for trucks before '93 or so. Look at the Airraid system. They make a kit that fits on '88-'90 trucks for sure. It may work on your application.

Nich Kenny
'89 K1500 350/700r4
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2000, 03:50 PM
Mud in my Veins

I have a site you might be interested in. It's a company in Canada that makes cold air ram intake kits. I have one on my truck, and I know they make one for yours. Very good stuff. Cheap too. Will be around what an Airaid kit would cost you. You can find their ad in the back of Hot Rod and Car Craft. It's one of the little black and white ones. Has the pic of the air box with two inlets and a chrome top. I can't remember the site address right now, so just go look in a copy of one of those mags. Trust me, I love mine. Hope this helps.

1992 Blazer Sport, 350 TBI, Gibson 3" cat back, 4L60, K&N, Rancho 3" lift, 285/75R16's on 16x8 Bajas [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2000, 05:07 PM

Ram Air for a 4x4, eh? I tend to prefer a snorkel to a straw...[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

<font color=green>Evan</font color=green>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2000, 05:15 PM
Mud in my Veins

Actually, it takes it from either the stock fender location and behind a headlight, or both headlights. Works really well. It isn't like the muscle car hood stuff.

post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2000, 05:24 PM

Yeah, I know, I've seen them before. Just had to give you some sh!t. The stock intakes on alot of trucks pull air from the same place (behind the headlights), and a couple friends of mine have sucked water into their engines through them.

<font color=green>Evan</font color=green>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2000, 06:14 PM
Mud in my Veins

Hmmmmmm..........[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]........

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode